Norway: Marianne Beate Kielland
Mezzo - born 1975
BBC Cardiff Singer of the World and Song Prize competitor
Marianne was born in Lorenskog and studied at the Norwegian Academy of Music.
While she was still a student she won prizes in the Youth Song Contest of Norway and the Tronderavisas Music Competition.
During the 2001/2 season Marianne was an artist at the Staatstheater Hannover where she performed roles in John Cage's Europeras, the Second lady in Die Zaüberflote, Nireno in Giulio Cesare and Eine Magd in Jenufa.
A keen concert artist, Marianne has sung extensively in Norway and in Europe including Mozart and Haydn in the Vezelay Festival (France) and Mendelssohn's Paulus (St Paul) with the RIAS Chamber Choir in Berlin, Paris, Bilbao and Japan. Marianne has also worked as one of the members of the vocal sextet Nordic Voices.
Her hobbies are cooking, mountain walking and skiing.
Singer of the World with Orchestra Concert 5 repertoire
- Handel: Svegliatevi nel core, Giulio Cesare
- Gluck: Ahimè! Dove trascorsi?...Che farò senza Euridice?, Orfeo et Euridice
- Mozart: Deh, per questo i stante solo, La clemenza di Tito
- Sibelius: Den första kyssen, Songs Op 37 No 1
- Sibelius: Svarta rosor, 6 Songs Op 36 No 1
Rosenblatt Recital Song Prize Concert 3 repertoire
- Gösta Nystroem: Jag har ett hem, Sanger vid havet No 4
- Gösta Nystroem: Jag vänter manen, Sanger vid havet No 5
- Alf Hurum: Blonde naetter, Op 13 No 1
- Brahms: Sapphische Ode, Songs Op 94 No 4
- Brahms: Von ewiger Liebe, 4 Songs Op 43 No1
- Richard Strauss: Ruhe, meine Seele, 4 Songs Op 27 No 1
- Richard Strauss: Zueignung, 8 Songs Op 10 No 1