- Bonobos are the least aggressive of the apes and physical violence almost never occurs – they make love, not war!
- Bonobos have sex every six hours on average.
- Just one bonobo community may contain enough individuals to fill ten minibuses.
- Along with chimpanzees, bonobos are man’s closest living relatives differing from us by only 1.3% of our DNA (we are 98.7% identical).
- Bonobos have also been called “pygmy chimpanzees”, although they are in fact a separate species and very similar in size to chimpanzees.