USA: Lauren Skuce
Soprano - born 1973
BBC Cardiff Singer of the World and Song Prize competitor
Lauren was born in Syracuse, New York state and studied at the State University of New York, Buffalo, SUNY College at Fredonia and The Juilliard School.
Winner of several prestigious awards, Lauren has made several appearances with the New York City Opera including Suor Genevieve Suor Angelica and Laoula L'Etoile.
She has also portrayed Ophelia Hamlet and created the role of Heloise in the world premiere of Stephen Paulus Heloise and Abelard for the Juilliard Opera Centre.
Future engagements following the competition were set to include Morgana Alcine, Lucia Rape of Lucretia and Mrs Anderson A Little Night Music, all for New York City Opera, and Micaela Carmen for Opera Theatre of St Louis. A keen recitalist, engagements included a Marilyn Horne Foundation concert.
Lauren likes yoga, cooking and attending the theatre.
Singer of the World with Orchestra Concert 5 repertoire
- Rossini: Una voce poco fa, Il barbiere di Siviglia
- Carlisle Floyd: Ain't it a pretty night, Susannah
- Puccini: Chi il bel sogno di Doretta, La rondine
Rosenblatt Recital Song Prize Concert 3 repertoire
- Debussy: La flute de Pan, Chansons de Bilitis No 1
- Debussy: La chevelure, Chansons de Bilitis No 2
- Debussy: Le tombeau des Naïades, Chansons de Bilitis No 3
- Wolf: Das verlassene Mägdelein, Mörike-Lieder No 7
- Wolf: Bedeckt mich mit Blumen, Spanisches Liederbuch No 26
- Wolf: Ich hab' in Penna einen Liebsten wohnen, Italienisches Liederbuch No 46
- Rachmaninov: Sorrow in Springtime, 12 Songs Op 21 No 12
- Rachmaninov: Spring Waters, 12 Songs Op 14 No 11