About Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park
Now in its sixth year, on Sunday 8 September, BBC Radio 2 Live in Hyde Park returns for what promises to be a highlight in London’s live music calendar this summer.
Taking part are some of the UK and world’s best-loved artists, along with the network’s much-loved presenters.
This year the focus is on getting friends and families together for a summer’s day out full of music and good times"Jeff Smith, Head of Music, Radio 2 and 6 Music
Headlining the concert is legendary Motown R&B singer-songwriter, Smokey Robinson, who's been racking up the hits for an amazing 50 years. Also in the exciting line-up are:
- Station favorurite and vocoal powerhouse Jessie J returns
- Scottish rock legends Simple Minds, celebrating 35 successful years
- Hawaiian folk rock singer-songwriter and surfer Jack Johnson
- Glasgow greats Texas, back after several years' hiatus
- Popular jazz star and Radio 2 presenter Jamie Cullum
- Welsh rock icons Manic Street Preachers
- The unmistakable voice of global singing star and actor Josh Groban
- Singer-songwriter James Blunt with his thoughtful, melodic soft rock
- The biggest acoustic driven 13-piece on the planet, the rootsy Treacherous Orchestra
Jeff Smith, Head of Music, Radio 2 and 6 Music, said: “It’s great to have Radio 2 back live in Hyde Park, in the heart of the capital joined by world famous artists who reflect the breadth and diversity of the network’s output.”
In a new development, this year there will be two stages. In addition to the main stage there will be a BBC Introducing Stage where the station will host up-and-coming talent, showcasing their brilliance to the crowds. More details about the acts to appear on this stage will be announced nearer the time.
Please click here for Frequently Asked Questions about Radio 2 Live In Hyde Park