Sarah describes her interiors style as cool, bold eclecticism; rich with layers of colour, texture and character.
1. Who is your style hero?
My style hero in interiors is Isle Crawford and in fashion, Christian Lacroix.
2. If you had an unlimited budget to spend on your home what improvements would you make?
I would install an upstairs bathroom and make the downstairs bathroom a utility room. I’d install a Jacuzzi on the lower deck and add a 'Juliette' balcony from our bedroom window. Oh, and a new kitchen. Or move.
3. Would you have the room you created in your own home?
Yes, I would have a similar room to the one I designed in my home.
4 What did you learn from taking part in ‘Your Home In Their Hands’?
I learned that an extensive brief and a meeting with the clients to discuss ideas and are essential to a successful design and happy customers.
5. What is your golden rule when it comes to interior design?
I don't really have one golden rule when it comes to interior design. There are so many.
6. What is your DIY tool that you just can’t live without?
The DIY tools I can't live without are my PC and iPad, where I create the bones of a project. And my thread snips.
7. What is your biggest DIY achievement?
My biggest DIY achievement so far is our home.
8. What is your biggest DIY disaster?
My biggest DIY disaster so far is the room I designed for Sarah and Dave on Your Home In Their Hands. They really disliked it and not pleasing them, to me, was a disaster.
9. If you could design a room in any building in the world, what room would you design and why?
I would love to design the interior for a bar in New York.