Georgia: Mikhail Koleishvili
Bass - born 1974
BBC Cardiff Singer of the World and Song Prize competitor
In 1997, Georgian Mikhail Kolelishvili became a soloist at the Tbilisi State Opera and Ballet Theatre. He is a laureate of the Second Georgian Competition of Opera Singers (Tbilisi, 1999) and has been a soloist of the Mariinsky Young Singers Academy since 2002.
In 2002 he won a diploma and a special prize at the Fifth Rimsky-Korsakov International Competition of Young Opera Singers in St Petersburg and in 2003 won first prize at the International Elena Obraztsova Competition in St Petersburg. In 2004 he won first prize at the International Stanislav Manushko Competition in Poland.
At the Mariinsky Theatre he has performed Bermate The Snow Maiden (Rimsky-Korsakov), Bonze The Nightingale and Bartolo The Marriage of Figaro. He has also sung Banco Macbeth Verdi and The Grand Inquisitor Don Carlos.
Singer of the World with Orchestra Concert 4 repertoire
- Borodin: Zdorov li, knyaz?, Prince Igor
- Mozart: Madamina, il catalogo è questo, Don Giovanni
- Verdi: Studia il passo...Come dal ciel precipita, Macbeth
Rosenblatt Recital Song Prize Concert 3 repertoire
- Tchaikovsky: Blagoslovlyayu vas, lesa, Songs Op 47 No 5
- Rakhmaninov: All things depart, Songs Op 26 No 15
- Glinka: Doubt
- Arakishvili: The night was falling
- Dargomizhsky: Night zephyr
- Trad folk song: Along the Peterskaya