Wales: Elizabeth Donovan
Soprano - born 1980
BBC Cardiff Singer of the World and Song Prize competitor
Born in Cardiff and the youngest contestant in the competition, Elizabeth was studying at the Royal Northern College of Music and was due to graduate in the summer of 2003.
Her roles there included Governess Turn of the Screw and Zerlina Don Giovanni.
Winner of the Welsh Singers Competition in 2002, she is also the recipient of a scholarship from the Peter Moores Foundation.
In the summer of 2003 she was set to sing the role of Oriana Amadigi (Handel) at the Edinburgh International Festival and in the autumn would debut with WNO as a Flower Maiden in Parsifal.
Highlights include giving a recital with Bryn Terfel for Coutts and Co and a recital at the Fishguard International Festival which was broadcast by BBC Radio 3.
Elizabeth enjoys swimming, reading and going to the cinema.
Singer of the World with Orchestra Concert 2 repertoire
- Handel: Tornami a vagheggiar, Alcina
- Verdi: Egli no rie de ancora!...Non so le tetre immagini, Il corsaro
- Britten: Parade!, Les Illuminations Op 18 No 8
- Gershwin: My man's gone now, Porgy and Bess
Rosenblatt Recital Song Prize Concert 5 repertoire
- Britten: Let the florid music praise, On this Island Op 11 No 1
- Britten: Seascape, On this Island Op 11 No 3
- Schubert: Der Tod und das Mädchen, Op 7 No 3
- Schubert: Die junge Nonne, Op 43 No 1
- Chausson: Le Colibri, Op 2 No 7
- Messiaen: Résurrection, Chants de terre et de ciel No 6