Play It Again Debs Privacy Notice And Terms And Conditions
Radio Norfolk – ‘Play It Again Debs’ Saturday Breakfast Competition April 2019
entrants must supply their answer to the question, their name, general location
and a contact telephone number. Winners will need to provide their address in
order to receive their prize. The BBC will only ever use this personal data for
the purposes of administering this competition, and will not publish them or
provide them to anyone else without your seeking your prior permission.
The BBC is the data controller of this personal data and complies with
applicable data protection legislation when handling this data. The BBC
processes the personal data of all entrants on the basis of its legitimate
business interest. The BBC holds for the data of unsuccessful entrants for the
duration of the competition. Winner’s details will be kept for regulatory
purposes for a period of two years. For more information on how the BBC uses your information and your
rights with regards your data please refer to http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/ or contact email@example.com
1. The competition is open to all residents of the UK, including
the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, except BBC Group employees and anyone
connected with the competition. Proof of age and eligibility may be requested.
2. The competition will be played on Saturday morning between 0745
and 0830 (except when editorial requirements lead to a change in schedule or a
change in programme content) where there is the possibility of winning the
3. During the competition, listeners will be invited to call or
text and identify the song played by the producer by:
• Calling the number: 0800 389 7 321. The call is free from landlines and mobile
• Texting 81333 + NORFOLK.
Texts are charged at your standard message rate.
• One caller or texter will be randomly selected on each day to
appear on air. No other method of entry will be accepted. Only one entry is
allowed per listener between 0745 and 0830.
4. Entry is only open during the times announced on-air. Entries
received outside these times will not be registered. The opening and closing
times may change so please listen to announcements during the programme.
5. When listeners telephone to enter, a member of the production
team will ask them their answer to the question, their name, general location
and a contact telephone number. If their answer is wrong, they will be informed
and instructed to call in again with another guess.
6. Each entrant will be selected at random from those who answered
the question correctly and they will appear on air or be announced as the
winner for that day. A member of the production team will call them back so
they can be put live on air or their name will be announced as the winner.
7. In the event of the production team receiving no entries for the
competition this will be announced on air and no prize will be given.
8. The winner and entrants must ensure that they are available on
the telephone number provided to take the call from the production team. If an
entrant is not available after reasonable attempts by the production team,
another entrant will be randomly selected for that day.
9. The BBC reserves the right to prevent putting an entrant on air
or take any entrant off-air, and disqualify them from the competition at any
time if they display offensive, abusive or any other kind of behaviour
unsuitable for broadcast.
10. The prize consists of a Saturday Breakfast coaster.
The prize is stated as above. There is no cash alternative and the
prize cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances. The BBC reserves the
right to substitute or supplement any element of the prize. The BBC is not
responsible for any element or change to the Prize that is outside of its
11. Entrants must agree to take part in any post-competition
publicity if required.
12. Winners will not be eligible to enter the competition again for
13. The BBC’s decision as to prizes awarded is final. No
correspondence relating to the quiz will be entered into.
14. The BBC reserves the right to: (i) amend these terms and
conditions, including but not limited to, the competition opening and closing
times and the programmes included; (ii) disqualify any entrant who breaches the
rules or has acted fraudulently in any way; (iii) cancel the competition, at
any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise
outside its control.
15. The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies
cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or
malfunction or any other problem which may result in any entry being lost or
not properly registered.
16. This competition accords with the BBC's Code of Conduct for
Competitions and Voting, details of which can be found at: BBC Competitions
17. The promoter of the competition is the British Broadcasting
Corporation and the applicable law is the laws of England and Wales.
18. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when registering.