Main content

Madrid transfer ban could force Stones move

Real Madrid could be forced into moves for players this month after being banned from registering any new players for the next two transfer windows, according to Spanish football journalist Pete Jenson.

Former Real boss Rafa Benitez identified Everton defender John Stones as a target for the club earlier this season, and Jenson said: "John Stones plays where Real Madrid don't have too many players, so they have looked at him. Benitez said that's someone they should look at and they were hoping to pursue that."

Although Real are to appeal the ban, which covers the summer 2016 window and next January’s, Jenson believes a fresh bid for Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea could come under consideration, although admits a deal would be “unlikely”.

This clip was taken from 5 live Sport on Thursday 14 January 2016.

Release date:

Duration:

1 minute

This clip is from