Wind Farm Could Power All Of Kettering
A big increase in the amount of green energy generated in the Kettering area is planned, enough to power the needs of the whole of Kettering Borough, with 9 new turbines.
A big increase in the amount of green energy generated in the Kettering area is being planned, enough to power the needs of the whole of Kettering Borough.
The wind turbines at Burton Wold, Northamptonshire's first wind farm, have been a fixture on the skyline since 2006. Work has now started on preparing the ground for nine more turbines at a cost of 45 million pounds, and there are plans to generate power from sources other than wind power.
Reporter Martin Borley sought the views of people living nearby in Burton Latimer, and Martin talks to Tony Watkins, Chief Executive of developer First Renewables, and to Councillor Mark Dearing from Kettering Borough Council.
• plans for the whole of Northamptonshire to have superfast broadband by 2017
• Northants reaction to Lord Stevens’ proposal to scrap Police & Crime Commissioners
• Kettering’s Filipino community hold a fund raising event for typhoon victims
• the row over Northampton’s “green bags” refuse collections rumbles on
• Northampton Town face another tough away match – at Chesterfield
• Benthorne Lodge care home in Finedon opens its new sensory room