Little Nick's Big Night Out
Radio Station Telephony Giveaway - Terms and Conditions
Your trust is very important to us. The BBC is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
It is important that you read this notice so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information. This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your relationship with us, in accordance with data protection law.
What will we collect and how we use it?
The BBC will collect and process the personal information that you have provided to us about yourself by entering this competition, including your name, age, general location area and a contact telephone number. If you are a winner, we will ask for email address in order to fulfil the prize. If the prize needs to be posted, we will ask the winner for a postal address.
The BBC is the “data controller” of this information. This means that the BBC decides what your personal information is used for, and the ways in which it is processed. Broadcast Bionics is the BBC’s “data processor” and is contracted to the BBC to provide the radio station’s telephony platform. This means Broadcast Bionics can only use your personal data within the parameters set by the BBC. Broadcast Bionics will collect your telephone number and details related to the call in order to provide the services to the BBC.
We rely on our legitimate interests of running radio competitions as our lawful basis for processing your personal data – providing interesting and engaging radio programming to those that participate and to the wider audience listening in. If you are successful, we will also process your personal information for post-competition publicity and our lawful basis for such processing is our legitimate interests in promoting the competition.
Retaining your personal information
In relation to entrants, the BBC will retain your personal information for one year. For regulatory purposes, we will retain the winners name and their contact details for a period of two years.
Sharing your personal information
We will share winner’s information with third parties in order to fulfil the prizes, and they may contact you to make further arrangements for prize fulfilment. We will not share your personal data with any other third party without your prior consent.
Your rights and more information
If you have any questions about how the BBC handles your personal information, or if you wish to contact the BBC to exercise your rights in relation to your personal information, please visit http://www.bbc.co.uk/usingthebbc/privacy or contact email@example.com.
If you raise a complaint with the BBC about the way it has handled your personal information and you are dissatisfied with the BBC’s response, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), which can be contacted at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The giveaway is open to all residents of the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man aged 18 or over, except BBC or BBC Group employees, their close relatives or anyone or anyone connected with the giveaway or the particular prize being offered. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be required. The BBC reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner who breaches these rules.
2. The giveaway will run Saturdays between 0900 and 1200. Entry is via the station number 0800 389 33 33 (calls from landlines and mobiles are free). At some point during the show the presenter will play the “cue to call” sound effect meaning that the phone lines will be open for entry. They will remain open for 10 minutes. Every caller who gets through in that time will have their name and numbers taken.. The winner of each prize will be selected at random from those who got through.
3. The Prize consists of; A pair of tickets to a local show - details to be given on air each week.
4. The prize is stated as above. For the avoidance of doubt the BBC shall not be responsible for any other fee, expense or cost. There is no cash alternative and the prize cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances.
5. You may only enter once. The BBC's decision as to entrants taking part and winners is final. No correspondence relating to the giveaway will be entered into.
6. If the prize includes tickets, the BBC will not be responsible for any failure by the ticket holders to gain entry or re-entry to the event due to the behaviour of the ticket holder or their failure to meet the admission requirements of the venue. The BBC will not be responsible for the winners not following instructions.
7. Entrants agree to take part in any post-giveaway publicity if required. The names of winners will be made public. The BBC reserves the right to: (i) amend these terms and conditions including, but not limited to, opening and closing times; (ii) disqualify any entrant who breaches the rules, including but not limited to being ineligible to enter, has acted fraudulently in any way or who has, in the BBC’s sole discretion, brought the BBC into disrepute and; (iii) cancel the giveaway, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control.
8. The BBC, their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, system, network or service provider or otherwise which may result in any entry not being properly logged or not recorded.
9. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when registering.
10. To the extent permitted by law, the BBC will not be liable for any loss or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise) including financial, reputational loss or disappointment.
11. The giveaway is run by the BBC. The applicable law is that of England and Wales.