The Fix focuses on debt and why it's such an intractable problem. Matthew Taylor and Cat Drew help pilot an innovative solution in Barking and Dagenham in east London.
This is the third series of Radio 4's programme which tries to solve some of the UK's most difficult social problems. This year, The Fix spends three episodes looking at one issue: debt. Why is it such an intractable problem in the UK, where 15% of the population have no savings at all? Presenters Matthew Taylor and Cat Drew visit the borough of Barking and Dagenham in east London, where more than one in ten people there owe money to the council.
They help implement an innovative solution to problem debt and find out from local residents whether it really works.
- Audie Brown
- Jeanette Taylor
- Jeanne Galioni
- Gill Wilson, Barking and Dagenham Council
- Jill Gallagher, Barking and Dagenham Council
- Mark Fowler, Barking and Dagenham Council
- Diye Wariebi, Brightsparks
- Siobhan Obliana, Brightsparks
- David Jones
- Chris Naylor, Barking and Dagenham Council
Producer: Eleanor Biggs
Senior Producer: Estelle Doyle
Editor: Penny Murphy
You are at the last episode