St Helen's Church, Lundy Island
Bells on Sunday comes from St Helen's Church, Lundy Island.
Bells on Sunday comes from St Helen’s Church on Lundy Island. The tower, completed in 1896 has a peal of ten bells with the Tenor, weighing thirteen and a quarter hundredweight, tuned to F sharp. The original peal of eight bells was cast by Charles Carr and Company of Smethwick. They were refurbished in 1994 at the Whitechapel Bell Foundry, two new trebles being added and the ring of ten rehung in a new frame. We hear them ringing Double Norwich Court Bob Caters.