From mute mime artists to giving smug thanks to God – an all-star cast’s comic take on life. Stars Martin Jarvis. From 2018.
Martin Jarvis directs Michael Frayn’s masterly comic series with an outstanding cast led by Ian McKellen, Joanna Lumley, Stephen Fry, Alfred Molina, Alex Jennings and Jarvis himself.
Michael Frayn - author of Noises Off - is the most comic philosophical writer of our time.
Each episode reveals his infectious delight in writing between the lines of theatre, fiction, TV and the media, the church, relationships - life in general.
* Stephen Fry gives smug thanks to God
* Matthew Wolf and Martin Jarvis become mute mime-artists (yes on the radio)
* Nigel Anthony invites sponsorship for doing precisely nothing
* Sir Ian McKellen as God conducts his own prayer-answering service
* Rosalind Ayres provides a tetchy update to your Pocket Playhouse.
Director: Martin Jarvis
A Jarvis and Ayres production for BBC Radio 4 first broadcast in June 2018.
- Fri 15 Jun 2018 11:30
- Tue 10 Dec 2019 23:00
- Wed 25 Nov 2020 07:00
- Wed 25 Nov 2020 17:00
- Thu 26 Nov 2020 05:00