Main content

St Mary's Church in Grafton Regis, Northamptonshire

Church bells from St Mary's Church in Grafton Regis, Northamptonshire.

Bells on Sunday comes from St. Mary's Church in Grafton Regis, Northamptonshire. The tower contains five bells rung from the Ground Floor. The oldest bells in the tower, the present second and third, were cast by John Keene of Woodstock in Oxfordshire. By 1948, a new Treble had been added and it's dedicated to all the parishioners who served in the Second World War. The tenor, of nine hundred weight, is tuned to G sharp. We hear them ringing 'Plain Bob Doubles'.

Available now

2 minutes

Broadcasts

Hear the Bells of Notre Dame

Hear the Bells of Notre Dame

Though silenced for now, the great bell 'Emmanuel' will lead the majestic chorus again...