St Lawrence Jewry, London
Church bells from St Lawrence Jewry, London.
This week's Bells on Sunday, comes from the church of St. Lawrence Jewry, in London. The church was built by Sir Christopher Wren after the Great Fire and its original ring of six bells was increased to eight in 1710. When these bells were destroyed in the Blitz in December 1940, the metal was saved and recast into the present ring of eight. We hear them here ringing Spliced Surprise Major.