St George's, Edinburgh
Church bells from St George's, Edinburgh.
This week's Bells on Sunday, comes from the church of St Andrew's and St George's West, in Edinburgh. This Grade A listed building was completed in 1784 and serves the city's New Town Parish.
The tower holds a peal of eight bells cast by William & Thomas Mears of London in 1788. The tenor weighs fourteen and a half hundredweight and is tuned to E.
We hear now part of a full peal of Marlborough Surprise Major.