Sally Magnusson examines the faith aspects of the migrant crisis in Calais. Plus a profile of Christian singer-songwriter Matt Redman, and the secrets of Shakespeare's favourite church.
Timings (where shown) are from the start of the programme in hours and minutes
- He Is Exalted was performed by choir and congregation of Ruach City Church, Brixton.
- Father, Hear The Prayer We Offer was performed by the Congregation of Warwick Road United Reformed Church, Coventry.
- Shall I Compare Thee To A Summer's Day was performed by The Sonnets & Cara Dillon at the Holy Trinity Church, Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Holy, Holy, Holy! Lord God Almighty was performed by the choir and congregation of Leicester Cathedral.
- Abide With Me was performed by Matt Redman at Abbey Road Studios, London.
- There's A Wideness in God's Mercy was performed by the congregation of St Mark's Church, Maida Vale.
- Praise, My Soul, The King of Heaven was performed by the congregation of William Booth College, London.
Sally Magnusson examines the faith aspects of the migrant crisis in Calais. She meets with migrant Christians who worship in the make shift church there known as St Michael’s, set up by Ethiopian and Eritrean Christians. And she meets with a group of Christian volunteers who have made the journey from Kent to Calais to bring aid and literature, as well as French volunteers who share the motivations behind their work.
In a new series of features for Songs of Praise, our very own church detective, writer and historian, Richard Taylor, is exploring the links between famous literary figures and some of our great places of worship. In this first feature Richard is in Stratford-upon-Avon, walking in the footsteps of William Shakespeare.
David Grant meets up with worship leader and Grammy award-winner, Matt Redman, who’s recorded his latest album at Abbey Road Studios. After starting out at the tender age of 14, Matt’s gone on to pen some of the most popular songs in modern Christian music. Millions sing his inspirational ballads and he regularly performs to tens of thousands of people across the globe.
|Series Producer||Matthew Napier|
|Executive Producer||Dave Stanford|