Martel Maxwell sits in
Martel is joined by baby food nutrition expert Annabel Karmel and discusses coming to terms with memory loss in the wake of Sir Michael Gambon revealing he is quitting the theatre.
Living With Memory Loss
Cake At The Ready
Gilda's Great Things
Gilda's Cheese and Potato Scones
Cheese and Potato Scones
175g self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp mustard powder
A good shake of white pepper
40g diced butter
20g grated Parmesan
20g grated mature cheddar
75g cold mashed potato
45 – 60ml milk plus extra for glazing
1. Sift dry ingredients into a bowl, add butter and rub into dry ingredients until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Preheat oven to 210°C
3. Mix with milk to a soft dough.
4. Roll out to 2cm thickness and cut into rounds.
5. Put on a floured tray , brush with milk if desired.
6. Bake in a hot oven for 7 – 10mins until cooked through.
7. Cool on a wire rack and best served warm but also very good cold.
All Parmesan can be used or all cheddar.
- Tue 10 Feb 2015 10:30