Terms and Conditions - Ticket Giveaway The Biggest Weekend in Belfast
Your trust is very important to us. The BBC is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
It is important that you read this notice so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information. This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your relationship with us, in accordance with data protection law.
What will we collect and how we use it?
The BBC will collect and process the personal information that you have provided to us about yourself by entering this give away, including your name, age, general location area and a contact telephone number. If you are a winner, we will ask for email address in order to fulfil the prize.
The BBC is the “data controller” of this information. This means that the BBC decides what your personal information is used for, and the ways in which it is processed.
We rely on our legitimate interests of running radio giveaways as our lawful basis for processing your personal data – providing interesting and engaging radio programming to those that participate and to the wider audience listening in. If you are successful, we will also process your personal information for post-competition publicity and our lawful basis for such processing is our legitimate interests in promoting the competition.
Retaining your personal information
In relation to all entrants and winners, the BBC will retain your personal information for a period of two years.
Sharing your personal information
We will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent.
Your rights and more information
If you have any questions about how the BBC handles your personal information, or if you wish to contact the BBC to exercise your rights in relation to your personal information, please visit http://www.bbc.co.uk/usingthebbc/privacy or contact email@example.com.
If you raise a complaint with the BBC about the way it has handled your personal information and you are dissatisfied with the BBC’s response, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), which can be contacted at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Starting at 3.03pm on Monday 21st May and ending at 5.00pm on Wednesday 23rd May, BBC Radio Ulster will be running a ticket give away: The tickets are for BBC Radio 6 Music’s Biggest Weekend in Belfast.
BBC Radio Ulster is offering the chance to get a pair of tickets (you and a friend) to The Biggest Weekend in Belfast
1. The give away is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, aged 18 or over, except BBC employees, anyone connected with the giveaway and their close relatives. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult. You will need to provide proof of age and photo identification.
2. Registration will be open from 3.03pm on Monday 21st May until 5.00pm on Wednesday 23rd May for the giveaway. You can only register by texting the word ‘BIGGESTWEEKEND’ ‘to 81771. Texts will be charged at your standard message rate. You may only register once. Any additional entries will not count but you will be charged.
3. If you register either before the opening time or after the closing time specified above your entry will not be accepted.
4. People will be selected randomly from all eligible entries. The winning entrants will be called back off air by a member of the production team between 10:00 and 5.00pm on Thursday 24th May. Entrants will be asked to provide an email address and to confirm their eligibility. The BBC reserves the right to select at random another entrant to offer the tickets to if, after reasonable attempts, we cannot contact the selected number.
5. The tickets are as described above. There is no cash alternative and the tickets cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances.
6. Travel to the event, any accommodation and any other cost will be solely at the entrant’s expense and the BBC will not reimburse those selected for any such costs.
7. The BBC’s decision is final. No correspondence relating to the selection will be entered into.
8. The BBC reserves the right to: (i) disqualify any entries that breach these rules or are in any way fraudulent; (ii) cancel the giveaway at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside its control. There can only be one entry per person.
9. The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with the telephone network and mobile network operator systems, or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered.
10. The promoter of the ticket give away is the British Broadcasting Corporation.