Galton and Simpson
Writers Ray Galton and Alan Simpson chat to Peter Reed about their radio life and times. With Clicquot et Fils, Steptoe and Son, and Hancock's The Radio Ham.
The creators of Hancock's Half Hour and Steptoe and Son - comedy writers Ray Galton and Alan Simpson chat to Peter Reed about their radio life and times. Featuring:
* Hancock's Half Hour: The Threatening Letters:
The lad is full of the joys of Spring - until the postman arrives. Stars Tony Hancock, Sid James, Bill Kerr, Hattie Jacques and Kenneth Williams. From May 1958
* The Galton & Simpson Playhouse: Clicquot et Fils:
Monsieur Clicquot plans to improve his ailing funeral parlour. Stars Richard Griffiths and Josie Lawrence. From December 1998.
* Frankie Howerd and June Whitfield 'Up Je T'aime' - duet recorded in1971
* Steptoe and Son at Buckingham Palace - 1963 recording from The Royal Variety Performance.
* Steptoe and Son: Porn Yesterday:
Harold's aghast when he sees 'What the Butler Saw'. Adapted from TV with Wilfrid Brambell and Harry H Corbett. From March 1976.
* Hancock: The Radio Ham: the Pye re-recording:
The originally BBC TV-only episode performed before an audience for an album release in 1961. Amateur radio enthusiast Tony Hancock receives a mayday call from a yachtsman in distress.
Produced by Mik Wilkojc.