1. Creating a Profile
- You must be 16 years old or over to create a Profile. If you aren’t, ask your parent or guardian to create a Profile and upload your music for you.
- You must be a UK resident.
- Don’t upload your music if you’re already signed to a major record label (for example: Sony, Warner, Universal and all affiliates).
- Keep the information you provide in your Profile accurate and up-to-date. Don’t share information that you do not have permission to share (such as confidential information of others). To find out how we use and retain your personal data read our Privacy Notice.
- If you want the BBC to stop using your music you can delete your Profile. This is also detailed in our Privacy Notice.
2. Uploading a Profile image
- Make sure that the Profile image you upload is one that the BBC can use for as long as we need and that we can use it anywhere in the world in any medium (for example radio, TV, internet (including social media channels)) without a photographer’s credit. Don’t use an image that’s offensive or inflammatory.
- The BBC can edit and use your image for the purpose of promoting you as an artist or BBC Music Introducing as a brand.
3. Uploading music to your Profile
- You must own the copyright in the music you upload or have permission (the rights) to upload it. So you’ll have to show us that the music is your own work. And if you’re uploading music for someone who is under 16 years old – you have to show that the music is that child’s.
- Make sure the music you upload doesn’t have explicit or inflammatory language. Your music also should not unduly promote a commercial brand or entity.
- You give us permission to edit and use, host or store the music you upload in BBC services or content for the purpose of promoting you or BBC Music Introducing as a brand. This includes broadcasting or publishing your music on the BBC’s radio and TV networks, websites and social accounts.
- We hope to use your music but can’t guarantee that the tracks you upload will get listened to (though we do try to listen to everything - see the FAQs) or used by us.