Get tickets to BBC Radio 2's Folk Awards 2019
Mark Radcliffe hosts the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards on Wednesday 16 October 2019 - the annual ceremony that celebrates and rewards the very best in folk, roots and acoustic music.
To purchase tickets:
- You will be redirected to The Bridgewater Hall's website. Please note that you will need to create an account which you can do during the checkout process.
- You need to be 16 or over to attend the event and we will request photographic ID at the entrance. Under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult who is 18+ Acceptable forms of ID are a valid passport or a valid EU photo card driving license.
- Tickets are £27.50 for Stalls, Circle and Choir Circle and £22.50 for all other areas with a £3 booking fee of per ticket and there is a maximum of 6 tickets per customer. Please note that duplicated transactions will be cancelled. The Tickets are sold on a first come first served basis.
- Patrons should note the following new measures in place for admission to the building: a number of items are prohibited from the venue. This includes backpacks, holdalls, suitcases, laptops, iPads or other tablet computers.
The booking fee is retained by The Bridgewater Hall and contributes to operational costs including card payment processing costs, customer service and account handling costs.
If you are successful in getting tickets you will be emailed an e-ticket which you can either show on your phone or print out.
Please read these Terms and Conditions before buying a ticket
1. It is your responsibility to check that the event is going ahead at the date and time printed on this ticket. All advertised times are approximate and subject to change.
2. The BBC reserves the right to cancel this event and ticket process at any stage, if deemed necessary, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
3. The BBC reserves the right to change the line-up at any time.
4. The BBC will not pay for any travel costs to and from the show.
5. Should the event be cancelled or line-up changed, the BBC is not liable for any loss of money and expense incurred in travelling to the venue.
6. Customers are requested to address any specific access requirements in advance of their visit by contacting the venue directly
7. Radio 2’s Folk Awards will be recorded for live and recorded transmission on any BBC network, including internet streaming. Ticket holders give their express consent should there be any event filming taking place to the use of their actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising or exploitation of any film, video and / or audio recording of this event and / or any element thereof in any / all media throughout the world.
8. This event is administered by the BBC.
Disabled Access Information
If you require a wheelchair space or the assistance of a carer or companion, please call the Box Office 0161 907 9000 - the phone line is open until 21:00 on Wed 31 July only. From Thu 1 Aug hours are 10:00 – 18:00. For more on access, please visit The Bridgewater Hall website
Manchester Folk Festival
Radio 2 Folk Awards 2019 is in partnership with the Manchester Folk Festival. Visit their website for information on more events coming up
About the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards
The BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards, hosted by Mark Radcliffe, is one of the jewels in the network’s musical calendar and is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year. The show will be broadcast live on BBC Radio 2.
Alongside the announcement of the winners by an array of guest presenters, there will be live performances from new and established artists including legendary Irish group Dervish, Welsh-Senegalese duo Catrin Finch and Seckou Keita and Edward II, Anglo-Caribbean fusioneers from Manchester.
There will also be the presentation of the Lifetime Achievement Award and one act will join Nick Drake, Sandy Denny, Woody Guthrie and Ewan MacColl via induction in to the Folk Awards Hall of Fame.
Previous ceremonies have featured live performances from artists including James Taylor, Joan Baez, Guy Garvey, Laura Marling, Bellowhead, Yusuf Cat Stevens, The Unthanks, Rufus Wainwright and Christy Moore.
Expect very special collaborations, and magical musical moments, from some of the most exciting artists in the folk world.
- Doors open 18.15
- Seated by 19:15
- Ends 21:00