HE'S BACK: 8 things we learnt from the return of Ed Sheeran
6 January 2017
1. He's BACK
Ed Sheeran took a year off to travel; he said he'd thought touring was travelling but "never saw anything other than hotels, venues and a bar" and so he took himself off on a gap year for 2016.
But he promised he'd be back - and he is! With two new singles, nonetheless.
He performed an acoustic version live and it's everything 😱
3. He knows EVERYONE
Just a small number of the people he's worked with recently include Zara Larsson, Anne Marie and Fuse ODG, in Ghana, writing a song in Ghanaian!
And he's godfather to Big Narstie's child; we're beginning to suspect he spent his whole year out networking!
4. The Game of Thrones cast got the first play of his new music
5. He won't tell us WHEN but there is an album coming
6. Shape of You was written for Rihanna
It was 'the last song to get recorded for the album' - the album, eh, Ed? When's that, Ed? It's recorded then, Ed?
7. He's not telling us anything about his Glastonbury guest list 🤔
8. He's playing the Live Lounge on 21st February 😱😱😱
Scott and Chris announced today that Ed is playing the Live Lounge in February - and if you listened in today, you could BE THERE as part of our JanSlam amazing prizes.