BBC Lifeline Appeal Text Donations
Terms & Conditions
1. You can donate to this month's Lifeline Appeal charity ("the Charity") by texting the keyword published to the short codes published. If you text the keyword to 70121 your support will result in a £10 donation to the Charity for each text message that you send. If you text the keyword to 70120 your support will result in a £20 donation to the Charity for each text message that you send. Please note that in addition to the £10 or £20 donation, you will incur your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates). Please note that you can only donate from a UK mobile and cannot use this service from a Channel Islands or Isle of Man mobile. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile abroad, you may incur additional network charges.
2. The mobile network operators below have waived their charges in order to allow the full £10 cost of the reply message (described below) to go entirely to the Charity:
- Virgin Mobile
In addition, HM Treasury have confirmed that no VAT should be charged on these donations.
3. The BBC Lifeline text donation service will be available between 3rd March 2018 and 3rd March 2019. Each month Lifeline makes an appeal on behalf of a different charity and a different keyword will be published each month, specific to that charity. The dates and times between which you can make a donation to the Charity will be published on its specific Lifeline webpage. Please be aware that if you text the short code with this keyword outside of that charity's month you will be charged your standard message rate, you may receive a reply message and if so, you will have been charged £10 or £20 depending on the short code used.
4. Please ensure you spell the keyword carefully and send your text message to the correct short code, 70121 to donate £10 and 70120 to donate £20.
6. If your keyword or short code are invalid, or your text message is received outside the published times and dates, you may not receive a reply but may still be charged your standard network message charge. You will not be charged the donation as you will not be donating to the Charity. However if you receive a confirmation text message then you will have donated to the Charity: you will have been charged your standard network message charge and charged the donation (£10 if using 70121 or £20 if using 70120).
7. All supporters must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message. If you are under 16 years old, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to send a text donation to us.
8. If you would like to contribute more to the Charity, you can find other ways to donate through the Lifeline website. On the website you'll also find details of other ways of getting involved, more about the work of the Charity, past appeals made by Lifeline and BBC Charity Appeals. All donations to the Charity, including the donation from the donation text messages, are non-refundable.
9. The Charity, the BBC, IMImobile, and their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text being lost or not properly received.
10. The SMS service is provided by IMImobile. If you have any queries regarding the service, please contact IMImobile at the following address: 1 Cliveden Office Village, Lancaster Road, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP12 3YZ; or on the following Helpline Number: 01494 750 500 (standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles will apply).
11. The Charity is registered and further information for each charity selected can be found on the Lifeline homepage.