The locations - episode one
- Colle Albano, Rome, Italy
- Scipios Tomb, via Appia, Rome, Italy
- Capitoline Museums (The Capitoline Wolf)
- Basilica Emilia, Roman Forum, Rome, Italy (Rape of the Sabines)
- Lacus Curtius, Roman Forum, Rome, Italy
- Servian Wall, via Antonio Salandra, Rome, Italy
- Alba Fucens, L'Aquila, Italy
- British Museum (Oath Coin)
- Mediterranean Sea off the Egadi Islands (site of the battle in 241 BCE)
- Museo Dell'Arsenale, Palermo, Italy
- Corinth, Greece
- Archaeological Museum, Athens, Greece
- Hierapolis Theatre, Turkey
- Delos, Greece
- Ponte Sisto, Rome, Italy
- Pompey's Theatre, via di Grotta Pinta, Rome, Italy
- Alise-Sainte-Reine, France (the site of Caesar's battle against Vercingetorix)
- Alesia Museum, France
- Largo Argentina, Rome, Italy (the site of Caesar's murder)
- Ara Pacis, Rome, Italy
- Troy, Turkey
Mary Beard in front of the Ara Pacis, Rome.
Mary in Largo Argentina, Rome, where Julius Caesar’s assassination took place.
'Relief of Rape of the Sabine Women', Roman Forum, Rome.
Mary at the Colosseum, Rome.