Launchpad Fund 2018
Terms and Conditions
The opening date for Launchpad will be October 17, 2018.
The closing date for Launchpad will be November 16, 2018.
- If submitting an application to Launchpad on behalf of band, the named individual must have permission from all the band members to act on their behalf and that all members agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions.
- By submitting you confirm that you, or any band members you represent, are not under the age of 18 years old at the time of entry.
- Solo artists must be domiciled in Wales, and have had a valid Welsh address for at least 6 months prior to the date of entry. Bands must have a significant number of the band members domiciled in Wales and have a valid Welsh address for at least 6 months prior to the date of entry. Students based at a transient address, but affiliated with a permanent home address in Wales will still be considered eligible, but must be able to prove student status.
- Artists/bands shall not be eligible to enter if they are signed to a major record label prior to the date of entry (which shall for these purposes mean any label belonging to any of the larger record companies including but not limited to: Sony Music Entertainment , Warner Music Group, Universal Music Group and their subsidiaries)
- Artists/bands who have released their own material in CD or download format or on a small independent record label will be eligible to enter, provided there are no restrictions placed upon them or their music by their independent record label or any other third party meaning they cannot comply with the terms and conditions of entry.
- BBC Cymru Wales, Arts Council of Wales staff or trustees, members of the Launchpad selection panel or their close relatives will not be eligible to enter this scheme. 'Close' means parents, brothers or sisters, spouse/partner or children.
- All entrants confirm that the BBC may mention, display and use an individual or band’s name, image, and likeness in connection with the scheme and acknowledges that this shall be at BBC editorial discretion.
- Proof of age, identity, and eligibility may be requested from artists/all band members. Where directed by BBC guidelines, parent or guardian approval will be sought.
- If offered funding through Launchpad; all individual band members/artists will be expected to sign an agreement saying they have understood and agree to these terms and conditions. They will also be expected to take part in publicity activity, working with the BBC’s marketing department.
- Successful applicants will be required to sign an agreement and report on how funding has been spent at the end of the project term.
- BBC Cymru Wales and Arts Council of Wales reserves the right to cancel, change or adapt the conditions of the scheme at any time, for editorial purposes, or if there are conditions beyond their control.
- BBC Cymru Wales the right to ban any artist/band at any time from the scheme if they have breached these Terms and Conditions and/or behave offensively, or material is inaudible and un-broadcast able.
- These Terms and conditions will also be in accordance with Data Protection and Freedom of Information Act and subject to Arts Council of Wales criteria outlined here
- Original material produced by the bands/artists must be suitable to broadcast on radio (for example, the lyrics in compliance with BBC editorial guidelines). For more information on this http://www.bbc.co.uk/guidelines/editorialguidelines/
- By providing any material to BBC Cymru Wales (including any text, photographs, graphics, video, or audio), Launchpad applicants agree to grant to the BBC, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for BBC services in any media worldwide (including on the BBC’s site accessed by international users).
- The BBC may also share the material with Arts Council of Wales and in certain circumstances trusted third parties.
- If bands/artists do not wish to grant the BBC the permission set out above on these terms, they should not apply for Launchpad.
- The Launchpad decision making panel members will be expected to sign a declaration of impartiality.
- BBC Cymru Wales and Arts Council of Wales retain the right to cancel or adapt the scheme at any time if that is deemed an editorial necessity or if changed circumstances beyond their control call for such action.
- This scheme shall be administered by BBC Cymru Wales in partnership with Arts Council of Wales and is subject to the law of England and Wales.
For any questions regarding Launchpad email: Horizons@bbc.co.uk