The Cat-a-list: 16 things you never knew about cats
They break the internet on a regular basis, they don’t give a stuff about humans and they’re synonymous with cool. Here are some astonishing facts about them…
1. When night falls in the Disneyland theme park, 200 cats are released to catch all the mice.
2. A group of cats is called a clowder.
3. Cats sweat through their paws.
4. Cats will normally eat something confidently on the fourth go after tasting it uncertainly three times. So stick the antibiotic in the fourth bit of ham…
5. Cat nap. On average, cats sleep for 70% of the day.
6. Unbelievably their urine glows in the dark.
7. Every single domesticated cat can be traced back to one of five African wild cats.
8. Cats can't taste sweet things.
9. Female cats are more likely to be right-pawed, and male cats left.
10. A cat has no collarbone.
11. Isaac Newton invented the cat flap.
12. The technical name for a hairball is a bezoar.
13. A female cat is called a molly or a queen.
14. Cats can drink sea water. Their kidneys do something complicated to filter out the salt.
15. In the Dutch embassy in Moscow, the embassy’s cats kept clawing at the walls. Investigation revealed microphones hidden by spies.
16. Cats are responsible for the extinction of 33 different species, including mammals and birds. They are listed among the top 100 most invasive species.