Young Folk Award Terms and Conditions
1. All entrants should be UK residents aged between 16-21 years on 4th December 2015. Proof of age may be requested.
2. Employees of the BBC and the independent production company ‘Smooth Operations’ or their close relatives or anyone connected with the contest are not eligible to enter.
3. Solo performers, duos or groups can enter as long as they are all within the specified age range (in exceptional circumstances, if just one member of the group falls outside the age range, this might be permitted. Please enquire).
4. If entering as a group; it should consist of at least 3 performers and not more than 6.
5. All performers must sign the entry form and send it to the email or postal address below.
6. An individual can make a maximum of 2 entries provided 1 entry is as part of a group and 1 entry is as a soloist or duo.
7. Entry forms must be accompanied by recordings lasting no longer than 8 minutes in total. Mp3 via email is preferred, but CD by post is also acceptable. Recordings cannot be returned, so keep a copy.
8. The line-up on the recording must be the same as the line-up that will attend later stages if invited, and THE RECORDING MUST BE A REPRESENTATION OF A LIVE PERFORMANCE. Multi-tracked recordings featuring extra instruments or musicians will not be accepted.
9. The selection of entrants to perform at later stages may be subject to appropriate licences and school permissions being obtained if applicable.
10. The live performance stages of the contest will be recorded for possible transmission on the BBC or online. Entrants will be deemed to have granted to the BBC, in respect of their performances, the irrevocable right and licence to free reproduction and exhibition in all media (now known or hereafter created) throughout the world for the full period of copyright. The material chosen must therefore be suitable for broadcast on BBC Radio 2.
11. The right is reserved to cancel the contest at any stage or amend any of the terms or details of the Prize if necessary.
12. Entry forms and recordings must arrive by the 17:00 on Friday 4th December 2015.
13. Entrants selected to take part in the next stage will be contacted by email or post as soon as possible after the closing date.
14. If a selected person is unable to be contacted on the email address or address supplied, or is unable to attend the next stage, the right is reserved to substitute a runner up.
Email entries should be signed, scanned and sent to R2youngfolkaward2016@smoothoperations.com
Postal entries should be sent to:
BBC Radio 2 Young Folk Award Smooth Operations
PO Box 18
If you have any queries please email R2youngfolkaward2016@smoothoperations.com or call 01457 873752
Entry forms and recordings must arrive by the end of Friday 4th December 2015.
Email entries should be sent to: R2youngfolkaward2016@smoothoperations.com