Introducing Sample Collective
40 Introducing artists from all over the UK, spanning all genres have made a song together during lockdown.
The song, which premieres at 8pm on Saturday 27th February, was made without any of the artists hearing each others' work. We’re calling it the Introducing Sample Collective. Each artist recorded a maximum of 8 bars in a set key and BPM from home.
All of the parts that were recorded for the song are available for new artists, producers and students to practise with. Download links for these are at the bottom of this page. Feel free to have a play around and see what you can make (the Terms and Conditions are also below).
Here’s a list of the artists involved:
|BRIEYA MAY||South West|
|BULL||York & North Yorkshire|
|HADDA BE (previously FOUNDLINGS)||The South|
|HAYDEN J BARLOW||Cumbria|
|LOOK MUM NO COMPUTER||Cambridgeshire|
|LOVEDAY||Coventry & Warwickshire|
|MEGAN DIXON HOOD||Stoke|
|SAM WALWYN||Channel Islands|
|SASHA SAMARA||Across The Line|
|SHAUN WILLIAMS||Hereford & Worcester|
|TENDER CENTRAL||South West|
|TIN B (RICK INGHRAM)||Humberside|
|TRUNKY JUNO||North East|
|VERTAAL||Beds, Herts & Bucks|
Using the samples
By sharing or adapting the material in any way you agree to comply with the terms specified under the Creative Commons License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License.
Under this License you are free to:
- Share – copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt – remix, transform, and build upon the material
Please note that the material may not be used for any commercial purposes.
Please ensure you read through the terms of the License at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/
- Give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, indicate if any changes were made. You may do in any reasonable manner but not in any way that suggests the Licensor endorses you or your use
- Not use the material for any commercial purposes
- If you remix, transform or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original – you may not apply any additional restrictions
Clicking one of the links below will start a download. The samples are available in both MP3 and WAV format.