Terms and Conditions - Coventry
Ticket purchase Terms & Conditions
There is no age restriction for the event; however those aged 16 and under will need to be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over. Those aged 2 and under do not require a ticket but must be in the care of an adult aged 18 or over.
The name of the lead booker will be printed on all tickets.
ID checks may be carried out at the entrance, with the following forms of ID accepted a valid passport; a valid EU Photocard Driving Licence; a valid photographic identity card bearing the National Proof Of Age Standards Scheme (PASS) hologram.
Tickets are limited to a maximum of 4 tickets per person, per day, per card. Tickets cost £18 per person (+ £4.50 booking fee). Refunds will only be considered if the event is cancelled or postponed and this would be for the ticket itself and not the booking fee.
You can, subject to availability, purchase tickets for a second day, or second location, once your first transaction has been completed. You can also purchase a ticket on behalf of someone else; however you will only be able to book up to four tickets per day. Any bookings over this limit will be cancelled, without return of booking fees. If you apply on behalf of others for tickets reserved for those in the local area, we may request proof of residence before sending tickets.
No more than five transactions across all BBC Music’s Biggest Weekend events will be accepted on any one credit card.
The tickets will be divided into three ‘pots’:
- Pot 1 - 60% of tickets will be reserved for those who live in the areas covered by Coventry City Council.
- Pot 2 - 25% of tickets will be reserved for residents living in wider areas covered by other Coventry (CV) postcodes and all Birmingham (B) postcodes
- Pot 3 - The remaining 15% will be unreserved.
To secure tickets from Pots 1 or 2 customers will need to enter the postcode of their home address at the time of purchase. Customers will also be asked for the billing address of the credit card used to book tickets, and further checks will be made to verify details. If the card is not registered at the address / postcode used when applying for tickets from Pot 1 or 2 customers will be asked for proof to verify that they are a resident of the respective area for each Pot. Anyone breaking the rules and regulations governing the ticket application process may have any purchased tickets cancelled without notice.
Pots 1 and 2 will be in operation for 7 days until midday on Monday 19th February at which point any tickets left in these Pots will be put on general sale for anyone to purchase.
The Booking process for all of BBC Music’s Biggest Weekend events will be handled by Ticketmaster. Tickets will be posted out. Should they fail to arrive by a set date you will be able to contact Ticketmaster and order replacements for collection on the day, but you will be required to provide proof of residence at the address given when applying - this is to stop people using false addresses when applying. Replacement tickets are not guaranteed and will be issued at the discretion of BBC Music’s Biggest Weekend.
The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any ticket application being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
Applicants must supply full details as required and comply with all rules and regulations to be eligible for tickets. No responsibility is accepted for applications made fraudulently.
Your personal information will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Please visit the BBC's Privacy & Cookies Policy (www.bbc.co.uk/privacy) for more information.
Ticket Use Terms & Conditions
The BBC has engaged Festival Republic Limited (“FR”) to manage the event on its behalf. Reference to FR is made where applicable below.
* Please ensure you have checked the list of prohibited items and bag restrictions *
1. The ticket is subject to the rules and regulations of the BBC which may be changed at their discretion.
2. Neither the BBC nor FR shall be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense, except in the case of death or personal injury if due to any negligent act or omission on their part.
3. Persons attending the event are responsible for their own valuables. Neither the BBC nor FR will be liable for any loss or damage to personal property brought to the venue(s).
4. The BBC reserves the right to cancel and/or amend this event and/or the ticket process at any stage, if deemed necessary in their opinion, or if circumstances arise outside their control. They also reserve the right to alter or change the programme and line-up without prior notification.
5. Should the event be cancelled or line-up changed, neither the BBC nor FR will be liable for the payment of any compensation or for any loss of money and/or expenses incurred including any event administration fees and cost of travel to/from the venue.
6. Tickets shall not be exchanged nor money refunded unless an event is cancelled or postponed. Refunds should be obtained from the point of purchase, no later than 3 months after the event
7. All those attending the event will need a valid ticket. Tickets must be presented in full, with stubs and not tampered with (in the event of accidental damage, refer to point of purchase prior to event). Tickets remain the property of the BBC. ID checks may be carried out at the entrance
PLEASE NOTE: anybody aged 16 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over. Proof of age may be requested upon entry (acceptable forms of ID are a valid passport; valid EU photocard driving licence; a photographic ID card with the National Proof of Age Standards Scheme – PASS - hologram).Tickets should be retained at all times during the event.
8. The BBC or FR on their behalf may ask for reasonable proof that the bearer of this ticket has been issued with it in accordance with the rules governing ticket distribution.
9. Tickets may not be sold, traded, or offered for sale; and may not be used as a prize or for any other promotional or trade purpose by any organisation other than the BBC. Tickets are security printed and individually bar coded. Sale or attempted sale is grounds for seizure or cancellation of this ticket and those trying to use resold or cancelled tickets will be refused entry into the venue. Should this ticket be re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the nominated ticket agents, it will become void and the holder may be refused entry to, or ejected from, the venue(s). Certain venues have additional terms & conditions and these also apply, save that in the event of a conflict these Terms and Condition shall take precedence.
10. No re-admission once you have left the venue.
11. The BBC or FR on their behalf reserve the right to refuse anyone entry to the venue at their discretion and any person who fails to comply with instructions from a steward or other person acting on behalf of the BBC and/or FR may be ejected. In addition anyone found to be causing damage to the venue, the venue infrastructure, causing harm to any other person on site, using threatening, abusive or insulting words or mannerisms, behaving in an illegal, anti social or aggressive manner, if found in possession of any illegal or prohibited item or substance, appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or in breach of these conditions will be ejected and may be reported to the police.
12. The BBC or FR on their behalf will use its right to search all persons and personal property, with bag searches and, potentially, via the use of full body metal detectors or wands. They will refuse admission to, or eject from, the venue, any person who refuses to be searched by security or other person acting on their behalf.
13. As well as items mentioned elsewhere in these terms and conditions the following articles are not permitted within the venue - flags, chairs (n/a for registered access customers or on Mon 28th May), knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, sky or Chinese lanterns, golf umbrellas (or other large umbrellas – 1 metre or more), gas canisters (including aerosols over 250ml and nitrous oxide), megaphones, air-horns, sound systems, spray cans, balloons, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices and pens, glass (incl perfume & aftershave), cans, poles, selfie-sticks, blow torches, unauthorised items for trading, including any goods using unauthorised event logos, and any article that might be used as a weapon and / or compromise public safety, including unofficial tabards and high viz
14. Fires are not permitted anywhere on site. Anyone involved with starting a fire or throwing anything onto a fire will be evicted from site.
15.. You may bring in food and soft drinks to the event for your own personal consumption provided that any soft drinks are held in unopened and sealed plastic or paper containers with a capacity of 500ml or less, restricted to one per person. Glass and cans are not permitted. Alcohol is not permitted.
16. Do not bring drugs including legal highs (this includes nitrous oxide) to the event, you will be rejected/ejected from the event and may be handed over to the police if found in possession. Sniffer dogs may be in operation.
17. Alcohol will be on sale in the venue; however Bars at the event will be operating a ‘Challenge 25’ policy. If bar staff feel you look under the age of 25 they will ask you to provide photo ID with proof that you are over the age of 18 (See point 7 for acceptable forms of ID). Security patrols will also operate around the venue.
18. Unauthorised professional photography or use of professional recording equipment is prohibited and zoom lenses, audio visual or cinematographic devices will not be permitted in to the venue.
19. BBC Music’s Biggest Weekend 2018 will be filmed for live and recorded transmission. Ticket holders give their express consent to the use of their actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising or exploitation of any film, video and/or audio recording of this event and/or any element thereof in any/all media throughout the world. They also agree to being filmed by police or security staff for the purposes of helping ensure the security of customers and preventing crime.
20. It is against the law to smoke in enclosed spaces, this includes Tents. Please observe the signage around the Venue.
21. No animals will be permitted, other than guide dogs for blind and/or deaf attendees.
22. Please use the bins and recycling points provided on and off site.
23. If before or during the Event You have a complaint in relation to the Event (including without limitation in relation to Your ability to view the Event), please contact us or a steward promptly since complaints are very difficult to deal with after the Event.
24. The Event is outdoors. You are strongly advised to bring appropriate clothing and footwear to protect against potential inclement weather
25 WARNINGS – Prolonged exposure to loud noise may cause damage to your hearing. Smoke effects, strobe lighting, lasers and loud noises may be used at this event.
26 BAGS - Large bags are not allowed to be taken into the festival. There is no cloakroom. Small bags are allowed into the event with the dimensions W21cm x H30cm x D8cm (the size of A4 paper).
1 x folding chair or shooting stick per person is permitted on MONDAY 28TH MAY ONLY
Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected by these terms and conditions.