TERMS & CONDITIONS
THE FRIDAY QUIZ ON THE VINNY HURRELL SHOW – BBC RADIO ULSTER
The BBC is the ‘data controller’ of your personal data that you provide us with in order to enter the competition. All entrants must answer the question and provide their name, general location and telephone number. The winners will have to provide their address to receive the prize.
The BBC will only use this personal data for the purpose of administering this competition, and will not publish them or give them to anyone else without your permission.
The BBC processes these data based on its legitimate business interests, and holds the data securely for the duration of the competition.
Details of winners will be held for regulatory purposes for a period of two years. For more information on how the BBC uses your information and your rights in connection with your data, go to bbc.co.uk/privacy or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Entry is open to all UK residents (including Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) who are aged 16 or over, except BBC employees or those of its affiliates and their close relatives or any person connected to the competition. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested
2. The competition will run every Friday from 15:00 during the Vinny Hurrell Show. Listeners will be invited to register their interest in taking part in the competition by answering a teaser question following the instructions given out on-air, either:
• By calling the number: 03030 80 55 55. Standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles will apply.
• By texting the number: 81771. Texts will be charged at your standard message rate. Check with your network provider for exact costs.
No other method of entry will be accepted. Listeners must obtain the bill-payers permission before calling or texting to register.
3. Registration is only open during the times announced on-air. Entries received outside these times will not be registered but will still be charged. The opening and closing times may change so please listen to announcements during the show. Only one entry is allowed per listener during each show, any additional entries won't count but will be charged.
4. A contestant to play on air will be selected at random from all those who got the answer correct. The production team will call back and check they are suitable to play on air.
5. Should they be selected to take part in the on-air quiz, entrants must ensure that they are available on the telephone number provided to take the call from the production team. If an entrant is not available after reasonable attempts by the production team, the next entrant with the correct answer and is suitable to go on air will be selected.
6. During the on-air quiz, the contestants will be asked questions in accordance with the instructions given on air by the presenter.
7. The BBC reserves the right to take any contestant off-air and disqualify them from the competition at any time if they display offensive, abusive or any other kind of unsuitable behaviour.
8. If the contestant gets at least the number of correct answers announced on air they will win a goody bag as described on air.
9. The prize is as stated above. There is no cash alternative and the prize cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances.
10. Entrants chosen to play on-air are not permitted to re-enter the competition for 2 months.
11. Entrants must agree to take part in any post-competition publicity if required. The names of winners may be made public.
12. This competition is conducted in line with the BBC's code of conduct for competitions, which can be found on https://www.bbc.com/editorialguidelines/guidance/code-of-conduct
13. The BBC, their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, network, system or otherwise which may result in any registration not being properly logged.
14. The BBC reserves the right to (i) amend these terms and conditions in any way; (ii) disqualify any entrant or winner who breaches these rules, has acted fraudulently in any way or (in the BBC’s sole discretion) brings the BBC into disrepute; (iii) disqualify any entrant or winner, withdraw or substitute any prize should an entrant winner or guest at any stage exhibit inappropriate or dangerous behaviour (including, but not limited to, being under the influence of drugs, alcohol or causing a nuisance) before, whilst on air or afterwards in relation to this competition; and (iv) cancel or vary the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise beyond its control.
15. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
16. To the extent permitted by law, the BBC will not be liable for any loss or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise) including financial, reputational loss or disappointment.
17. The competition is run by the BBC. The applicable law is that of England and Wales.