Farpais Snucair Siubhal gu Seachd le Pluto
BBC Radio nan Gàidheal: Scottish Open Snooker Ticket Competition 2016
Terms and Conditions
1. The competition is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, aged 16 or over except BBC employees, their close relatives or anyone connected with the competition. Proof of identity and eligibility may be required.
2. The competition opens from 18:00 on Wednesday 12th October 2016 until 18.00 on Wednesday 19th October 2016 for the chance to win a pair of tickets to the Scottish Open Snooker final on Sunday December 18th 2016 (sessions at 1pm and 7pm) PLUS the chance to come backstage during the tournament and play a frame of snooker against one of the top stars on an official tournament practice table. 3 runners-up will each receive 2 tickets to both semi-finals on Saturday December 17th 2016 (sessions at 1pm and 7pm).
3. You can only enter by texting the word PLUTO to 80295 followed by one of the multiple choice years eg PLUTO 2006
4. Texts will be charged at your standard message rate. No other method of entry will be accepted. Only one entry is allowed per mobile number. The times the competition is open will be clearly mentioned by the presenter during the programme.
5. If you enter either before the opening time or after the closing time specified above, your entry will not be accepted but you may still be charged. If you enter more than once, only the first entry will count, subsequent entries will not be counted but you will be charged for those subsequent entries.
6. After the entry period has closed 10 correct entrants will be randomly selected, and called in the order in which they were selected, to determine the winner and runners up; as well as checked for availability and eligibility. If a potential winner cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts then it will move on to the next eligible randomly selected entrant in order until a winner is contacted.
7. The prize will be a pair of tickets for the Scottish Open Snooker final on Sunday December 18th 2016 (sessions at 1pm and 7pm) PLUS the chance to come backstage during the tournament and play a frame of snooker against one of the top stars on an official tournament practice table. 3 runners-up will each receive 2 tickets to both semi-finals on Saturday December 17th 2016 (sessions at 1pm and 7pm). Please note, tickets are strictly non-transferable and the winner will need to provide the name of the person accompanying them within 48 hours of the competition finishing. Tickets have the holder’s name printed on them and the winner and their guest may be asked to show photo ID which matches this at any time during the event.
8. Tickets are strictly non-transferable. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include travel, additional accommodation costs, food, drinks or any other expenses. Tickets are subject to the Event’s Terms and Conditions. By accepting the prize the winners accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which can be found at http://worldsnooker.seetickets.com/tour/home-nations-series-scottish-open-snooker/?offercode=balls
The prize is stated as above. There is no cash alternative and the prize cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances. The BBC reserves the right to substitute or supplement any element of the prize.
9. The BBC's decision as to entrants taking part and winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
10. Entrants agree to take part in any post-competition publicity if required. The names of winners will be made public.
12. This competition is conducted in line with the BBC's code of conduct for competitions, which can be found on
13. The BBC reserves the right to: (i) amend these terms and conditions and vary the competition rules including but not limited to opening and closing times; (ii) disqualify any entrant who breaches the rules or has acted fraudulently in any way; (iii) exclude ticket holders from the event if the Event terms and conditions are breached in any way and; (iv) cancel the competition, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control.
14. The BBC will not be responsible for any failure by the ticket holders to gain entry or re-entry to the event due to the behaviour of the ticket holder or their failure to meet the admission requirements of the event.
15. The BBC, their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, system, network or mobile operator or service provider or otherwise which may result in any registration not being properly logged or not recorded.
16. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
17. The competition is run by the BBC. The applicable law is that of England and Wales.