Terms & Conditions
Ticket Use Terms & Conditions
The BBC has engaged Festival Republic Limited (“FR”) to manage the event on its behalf. Reference to FR is made where applicable below.
1. The ticket is subject to the rules and regulations of the BBC which may be changed at their discretion.
2. Neither the BBC nor FR shall be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense, except in the case of death or personal injury if due to any negligent act or omission on their part.
3. Persons attending the event are responsible for their own valuables. Neither the BBC nor FR will be liable for any loss or damage to personal property brought to the venue.
4. The BBC reserves the right to cancel and/or amend this event and/or the ticket process at any stage, if deemed necessary in their opinion, or if circumstances arise outside their control. They also reserve the right to alter or change the programme and line-up without prior notification.
5. Should the event be cancelled or line-up changed, neither the BBC nor FR will be liable for the payment of any compensation or for any loss of money and/or expenses incurred including any event administration fees and cost of travel to/from the venue.
6. Tickets shall not be exchanged nor money refunded unless an event is cancelled or postponed. Refunds should be obtained from the point of purchase, no later than 3 months after the event
7. All those attending the event will need a valid ticket. The name of the lead booker will be printed on all tickets. Tickets must be presented in full, with stubs and not tampered with (in the event of accidental damage, refer to point of purchase prior to event). Tickets remain the property of the BBC. ID checks may be carried out at the entrance.
PLEASE NOTE: Friday night is strictly for those aged 18 and over. There is no age restriction on Saturday or Sunday, however those aged 16 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over. Proof of age may be requested upon entry (acceptable forms of ID are a valid passport; valid photocard driving licence; or a photographic ID card with the National Proof of Age Standards Scheme – PASS - hologram). If you are unable to provide the correct ID, you could be refused access and will not be entitled to a refund. Tickets should always be retained during the event.
8. The BBC or FR on their behalf may ask for reasonable proof that the bearer of this ticket has been issued with it in accordance with the rules governing ticket distribution.
9. If you are unable to attend the event, you will be able to sell your tickets at face value via Ticketmaster’s Fan to Fan resale function. With these exceptions, tickets may not be sold, traded, or offered for sale; and may not be used as a prize or for any other promotional or trade purpose by any individual or organisation other than the BBC. Note; tickets are security printed and individually bar coded. Unofficial sale or attempted sale is grounds for seizure or cancellation of this ticket and those trying to use resold or cancelled tickets will be refused entry into the venue. Should this ticket be re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the nominated ticket agents, it will become void and the holder may be refused entry to, or ejected from, the venue
10. There is NO RE-ADMISSION. Once you have left the venue, you will not be able to return.
11. The BBC or FR on their behalf reserve the right to refuse anyone entry to the venue at their discretion and any person who fails to comply with instructions from a steward or other person acting on behalf of the BBC and/or FR may be ejected. In addition anyone found to be causing damage to the venue, the venue infrastructure, causing harm to any other person on site, using threatening, abusive or insulting words or mannerisms, behaving in an illegal, anti-social or aggressive manner, if found in possession of any illegal or prohibited item or substance, appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or in breach of these conditions will be ejected and may be reported to the police.
12. The BBC or FR on their behalf will use its right to search all persons and personal property, with bag searches and, potentially, via the use of full body metal detectors or wands. They will refuse admission to, or eject from, the venue, any person who refuses to be searched by security or other person acting on their behalf.
13. As well as items mentioned elsewhere in these terms and conditions the following articles are not permitted within the venue - selfie-sticks, chairs (except for registered access customers), golf/large umbrellas (1 metre or more), flags, knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, sky or Chinese lanterns, gas canisters (including aerosols over 250ml and nitrous oxide), megaphones, air-horns, sound systems, spray cans, balloons, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices , glass (incl perfume & aftershave), cans, poles, blow torches, unauthorised items for trading, including any goods using unauthorised event logos, and any article that might be used as a weapon and / or compromise public safety, including unofficial tabards and high viz
14. Fires are not permitted anywhere on site. Anyone involved with starting a fire or throwing anything onto a fire will be evicted from site.
15. BAGS - Large bags are not allowed to be taken into the event. There is no cloakroom. Small bags are permitted, maximum dimensions W21cm x H30cm x D8cm (the size of A4 paper).
16. You may bring in food and one soft drink to the event for your own personal consumption, provided the drink is in an unopened, sealed plastic or paper container no bigger than 500ml. Alcohol is NOT permitted to be taken into the event; neither are drinks in cans or glass containers. There will be water points inside the arena where bottles can be refilled free of charge.
17. Alcohol will be on sale in the venue; however Bars at the event will be operating a ‘Challenge 25’ policy. If bar staff feel you look under the age of 25 they will ask you to provide photo ID with proof that you are over the age of 18 (See point 7 for acceptable forms of ID). Security patrols will also operate around the venue.
18. Do not bring drugs including legal highs (this includes nitrous oxide) to the event, you will be rejected/ejected from the event and may be handed over to the police if found in possession. Sniffer dogs will be in operation.
19. Unauthorised professional photography or use of professional recording equipment is prohibited and zoom lenses, audio visual or cinematographic devices will not be permitted in to the venue.
20. BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend will be filmed for live and recorded transmission. Ticket holders give their express consent to the use of their actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising or exploitation of any film, video and/or audio recording of this event and/or any element thereof in any/all media throughout the world. They also agree to being filmed by police or security staff for the purposes of helping ensure the security of customers and preventing crime.
21. It is against the law to smoke in enclosed spaces, this includes Tents. Please observe the signage around the Venue.
22. No animals will be permitted, other than registered assistance dogs.
23. Please use the bins and recycling points provided on and off site.
24. The use of drones or similar equipment for any reason is strictly forbidden on site without written permission from BBC or Festival Republic.
25. The Event is outdoors. You are strongly advised to bring appropriate clothing and footwear to protect against potential inclement weather.
26. WARNINGS – Prolonged exposure to loud noise may cause damage to your hearing. Smoke effects, strobe lighting, lasers and loud noises may be used at this event.
If before or during the Event you have a complaint in relation to the Event (including without limitation in relation to your ability to view the Event), please contact us or a steward promptly since complaints are very difficult to deal with after the Event.
Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected by these terms and conditions.