Newsjack: an introduction
What is Newsjack?
Exclusive to BBC Radio 4 Extra, Newsjack showcases the week's news stories which have been lovingly bashed, mashed and molded into sketches and one-liners.
Irreverent and satirical, Newsjack is the scrapbook sketch show written entirely by the Great British public, and then bought to life by a revolving cast of sketch performers.
Trying to make sense of it all is our host, Kiri Pritchard-McLean.
What is Newsjack Unplugged?
Newsjack has had a baby! Newsjack Unplugged is a new weekly mini-series available on podcast and on Radio 4 Extra. It contains all the things you love about Newsjack in compact form - brand new topical one-liners, satirical sketches and vintage laughs from the archive. Guest hosts are Kiri Pritchard-McLean, Darren Harriott and Tez Ilyas.
Can I write for Newsjack?
- Yes, anyone can submit material. It's a showcase for new comedy writing.
- We accept sketches and one-liners every week of the six week run.
- All submissions will be read, but due to the overwhelming number of entries we do not have time to give individual feedback.
What should I be writing?
- Look at the submission guidelines here.
- Listen to previous episodes, which will introduce you to the tone of the show.
- Follow us on Twitter as well @NewsjackBBC, to hear about any last-minute requests for material.
How can I listen to the show?
- The show is broadcast weekly on Thursdays at 10.30pm on BBC Radio 4 Extra, and is then available on BBC iPlayer.
- You can apply for tickets to watch the show being recorded on the BBC Audience site here.
- Subscribe to the Newsjack Podcast here and we will send it direct to your ears…