Spice Girls Competition for BBC Children in Need Text to Win and Donate Terms and Conditions
1. The competition will take place between 6:30 on 15 November 2018 until 19:00 on 16 November 2018 on BBC Radio 2.
2. The competition is open to all residents of the UK, aged 18 or over, except BBC, BBC Group company and BBC Children in Need employees, anyone connected with the competition and their close relatives. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested.
3. Entry to the competition is only by texting the keyword VIVA to short code 84903. Text messages cost your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates – please check with your provider). Entrants will receive a free bounce-back message from 62345 informing them that a voluntary donation of £10 to BBC Children in Need will be taken automatically within 60 minutes after the entry text was received, unless they respond to the message from 62345 with the word CANCEL before the 60 minutes has passed.
4. If your keyword or short code are invalid, or your text message is received outside the times and dates specified for the competition, you will not receive a bounce-back but may still be charged your standard network message charge. You will not be donating to BBC Children in Need nor will you have entered the competition.
5. For the avoidance of doubt opting out of the donation does not affect your entry into the competition.
6. You may enter the competition a maximum of three (3) times a day. You will receive a free bounce-back message regarding the donation each time, and if you wish to opt out of the donation you need to respond to each such message received from 62345 with the word CANCEL.
7. The prize is an overnight stay on Friday 14th June 2019 for two people in a five star Berkshire hotel, in a classic double room, on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis including one spa treatment each. On the morning of Saturday 15th June 2019 you will be taken for a breakfast cruise on the River Thames. You and your guest will be taken to Wembley Stadium on a fun bus for a technical sound check inside the Stadium. Accommodation on Saturday 15th June 2019 will be in a different hotel near Wembley Stadium and will be on a bed and breakfast basis for you and your guest. You and your guest will receive a guided behind the scenes tour and a pre-show meet and greet with the Spice Girls. You will have 2 seats in the Royal box area at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 15th June 2019 to watch the Spice World 2019 show and will be invited to watch the last 5 songs from the stage. You and your guest will also receive selected Spice World 2019 merchandise. The BBC and BBC Children in Need will not be responsible for any failure by the winner or guests to gain entry or re-entry to the concert. Ticket holders are responsible for checking admission requirements to the venue. The BBC and BBC Children in Need will not be responsible for the suspension or cancellation of the concert or any other element of the prize.
8. The winner will be the first eligible entry, randomly selected, who is available by phone after the competition has closed and will be called back between 08:00 and 09:00 on 19 November 2018. If a winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, BBC Children in Need reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner up who will be the next eligible entry randomly selected who is available by phone after the competition has closed. This process will be followed until all the winners are found.
9. The prizes are as stated. There is no cash alternative and the prizes cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances. For the avoidance of doubt no other costs or expenses will be covered by the BBC or BBC Children in Need.
10. If the winner and/or their guest (if applicable) have any accessibility requirements, these need to be disclosed to the BBC or BBC Children in Need prior to prize fulfilment. In order to fully experience the prize, there may be some Health & Safety requirements imposed by BBC or BBC Children in Need. These will need to be followed prior to those elements being experienced. The winner and their guest (if applicable) must also comply with the health, safety and security policies at any venue associated with the prize.
11. BBC Children in Need’s decision as to who the winner is is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
12. Entrants must agree to take part in any post-competition publicity if required.
13. The BBC and/or BBC Children in Need reserve the right to disqualify any entries that breach these rules or are in any way fraudulent. The BBC and/or BBC Children in Need also reserve the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside its control.
14. If you would like to contribute a different amount to BBC Children in Need, you can donate online on our website or by phoning 0345 733 2233. Standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles will apply and calls may be included in your telecom provider’s call package.
15. The BBC, BBC Children in Need and their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text not being properly received.
16. To find out more about BBC Children in Need, or if you have questions about this service, please go to bbc.co.uk/pudsey or call the BBC Children in Need Helpdesk on 0345 609 0015 (Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:00). Standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles will apply and calls may be included in your telecom provider’s call package.
17. The text service is provided by Fonix Mobile Limited. If you have any queries regarding the service, please contact Fonix at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Fonix Mobile Limited, 23 Heddon Street, London, W1B 4BQ or call on the following Helpline Number: 0208 114 7001 (Monday to Friday 9:00 - 17:30).
18. BBC Children in Need is a registered charity, number 802052 (England and Wales) SC039557 (Scotland).
19. BBC and BBC Children in Need reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice. We will post our updated terms and conditions on this website so please check regularly for any revisions. The prizes are subject to change.
20. This competition is operated by BBC Children in Need with additional broadcast promotion by the BBC. The applicable law is that of England and Wales.
21. This competition is subject to the BBC's code of conduct for competitions, found here.
22. Fonix Mobile Limited provides the text service for us. Your information (mobile phone number and amount of donation) will be collected by Fonix Mobile Limited on behalf of BBC Children in Need and will only be used to process your donation, provide receipts, process any refunds as necessary. Our legal basis for this processing is that it is in our legitimate interests to fundraise (and we don’t believe this unreasonably impacts on your rights and freedoms) and if you are a winner that the processing is necessary for the fulfilment of a contract. Any additional information provided as part of the Gift Aid declaration will only be used for the purpose of our legitimate interests (and we don’t believe this unreasonably impacts on your rights and freedoms) of claiming Gift Aid and in order to help analyse our income. We will retain your information in accordance with our retention policy, an extract of which is available on request. To find out more about how we will use your information, including how we use it if you sign up to keep up to date about children we support and fundraising news, see our website or contact email@example.com.