BBC Sound Of 2021: Meet the Introducing artists on the longlist
Pa Salieu (1st)
- Pa Salieu is a 23 year old rapper who moved to Coventry when he was 8 years old. He first uploaded to the Introducing show in Coventry & Warwickshire back in August 2019.
- The local show were early supporters of ‘Dem A Lie’ & ‘Front Line’.
- He was selected by a panel of 160 industry experts and Introducing alumni artists including Wolf Alice & YUNGBLUD.
Holly Humberstone (2nd)
- Holly Humberstone first uploaded to Introducing in Lincolnshire in 2017, her music was also picked up by the show in the East Midlands.
- She performed live on the Introducing stage at Glastonbury 2019.
- In May 2020 ‘Falling Asleep At The Wheel’ was made Introducing Track Of The Week on Radio 1.
- Blessed with a sensitive, soulful voice, Berwyn Du Bois was born in Trinidad and Tobago, but moved to Essex when he was nine.
- He has been supported by the local show in Essex and recorded a special sessions for Introducing Live.
Greentea Peng (4th)
- Greentea Peng first uploaded to BBC Introducing in London in 2018 and has been interviewed on the show as a featured artist.
- She has since performed at the Introducing in London showcase for Roundhouse Rising.
- Ghost Town was made Track of the Week on Radio 1 in 2020.
- Griff first uploaded to Beds, Herts & Bucks in 2019 with Mirror Talk.
- Good Stuff was made Track of the Week on BBC Radio 1 in 2020.
- Griff recorded a special at home session for Radio 1’s virtual Big Weekend.
- Alfie Templeman uploaded his music to Introducing in Beds, Herts and Bucks in 2017.
- ‘Like An Animal’ was Introducing Track of the Week on BBC Radio 1 in January 2019.
- A month later he performed an Introducing session at Maida Vale.
- The day after he received his GCSE results he played the Introducing stage at Reading and Leeds.
- The Lathums uploaded to Introducing in 2018 and received support from Introducing in Merseyside and Tom Robinson’s Mixtape on BBC Radio 6 Music.
- Their track I See Your Ghost was the Introducing Track of the Week on Radio 1 at the end of last year.
- They sold out their debut 2020 UK tour in under half an hour.