Composition Wales 2019
BBC National Orchestra of Wales are pleased to announce that the composers and compositions shortlisted for Composition: Wales 2019 are as follows:
- Charlie Barber Deus Ex Machina: for Orchestra
- Jasper Dommett Melys: for Large Orchestra
- Daniel Hall Quick Draw
- Jordan Hirst Demedhyans: for Orchestra
- Derri Joseph Lewis Summit Blue: image for Orchestra
- Ashley Long Karri: for Orchestra
- David Roche True Great: for Orchestra
- Sylvia Villa Sortilège: for Orchestra
The BBC National Orchestra of Wales is offering a unique and exciting opportunity: composers are invited to submit a score to be considered for Composition: Wales 2019 which will take place in January and February 2019.
The project forms part of the Learning activity of the BBC National Orchestra of Wales. The aim is to showcase works by composers in Wales worthy of wider exposure and is organised in collaboration with Composers of Wales, Tŷ Cerdd, Vale of Glamorgan and Welsh Music Guild.
Scores are invited with the following guidance brief: The perfect concert opener or an encore for a BBC National Orchestra of Wales concert, such as St David’s Day or an international tour.
Maximum duration: 8 minutes. Please note that scores of a shorter duration are very welcome.
Composition: Wales 2019 - Timeline
- Deadline for submissions: Wednesday 14/11/2018, 10am
- Announcement of selected scores: Friday 7/12/2018
- Deadline for submission of selected final full scores and orchestral parts: Monday 7/01/2019, 5pm
- FREE Initial Open Workshop Rehearsal Day: Wednesday 30/01/2019, 2pm-5pm & 6pm-9pm
- FREE Open Workshop Rehearsals: Monday 18/02/2019, 2pm-5pm & 6pm-9pm
- FREE Open Workshop Rehearsal: Tuesday 19/02/2019, 2.30pm-5.30pm
- FREE Culmination Concert: Tuesday 19/02/2019, 7pm
Composition: Wales 2019 - Entry and Guidelines
Please email email@example.com to request the following:
- Composition Wales 2019 Entry Form and Guidelines
- A Composer's Guide to Percussion
Get in touch for further information and to book tickets
Please call BBC NOW Audience Line on 0800 052 1812