BBC Radio 2 Country
All you need to know about Radio 2 Country pop-up digital radio service.
How Can You Listen to Radio 2 Country?
- Listen on DAB digital radio, online at the Radio 2 Country website and on the BBC iPlayer Radio app. Details on how to download the App on your mobile can be found in the 'How to Listen' page.
- To receive BBC Radio 2 Country, retune your digital radio on Wednesday 8th March by pressing 'autotune' or 'autoscan'. See the help page for more information and follow on twitter @bbcr2country for updates from now until launch.
Get in touch and catch all the latest updates via our social media channels
What is Radio 2 Country?
BBC Radio 2 Country is a four day pop-up digital radio service, which will run from midday to midnight from Thursday 9th to Sunday 12th March, centred around three days of live coverage from the C2C: Country to Country Festival in London. The service will include a range of specially commissioned programmes and guest presenters from the world of Country music, brand new documentaries as well as live broadcasts and exclusive performances from backstage at the C2C festival.
What Can You Hear on Radio 2 Country?
BBC Radio 2 Country 2017 returns from 9th to 12 March offering a range of programmes and guest presenters from the world of Country music plus live coverage of the Country 2 Country event at the 02.
Listen back on this website and also on the BBC iPlayer Radio app.
Bob Harris, Jo Whiley, Baylen Leonard, Paul Sexton and Bobbi Pryor will all be introducing acts across the weekend. Twelve of the world’s hottest country acts take to the main stage this weekend and you can hear all their performances live on BBC Radio 2 Country.
This year’s acts include one of country music’s biggest selling artists of all time Reba McEntire; multi million selling artist Brad Paisley; genre defying country rock group the Zac Brown Band; CMA New artist 2016 Maren Morris; traditional country royalty Marty Stuart. Plus Chris Young, Jennifer Nettles, Brothers Osborne, Cam, Darius Rucker, Dan & Shay and Hunter Hayes.
In between the live music from the stage Radio 2 Country will be on hand with all the backstage action, including interviews with the performers.
Here are a few highlights from the schedule:
- The Shires’ Country playlist – UK duo Crissie Rhodes and Ben Earle present a show full of their favourite country tracks
- Reba’s Gospel hour – Country Music superstar and headliner of C2C Reba McEntire shares her love of Gospel music
- Baylen Leonard’s All country requests – You choose the music in this two hour live request show
- Ken Bruce – Then and Now – The first and last hits by artists who have spanned the decades – Including Glen Campbell, Dolly Parton and Garth Brooks
- Vanessa Feltz – Vanessa’s Country Gals – Vanessa celebrates the greatest women of country
Plus Radio 2 Country joins up with the UK’s digital country station Chris Country for an hour of Chris Country highlights – including live session tracks and artist interviews. Chris Country is The UK's Country Station, playing a mix of American and British country artists, 24 hours a day. For more information on how to listen visit www.chriscountry.co.uk.