Security, Safety & Bag Policy
We take the safety and security of our audience very seriously. Security will be present throughout the site at BBC Proms in the Park 2019.
Gate staff will be conducting mandatory security checks upon entry. It is a condition of entry that the ticket holder consents to being searched.
If you’re attending BBC Proms in the Park we want you to have a great time, so please take note of the things we are doing to help everybody have a safe and enjoyable experience. There are also a few things you can do to help as well.
Please allow for additional time for security checks when arriving at the event.
What are we doing?
- We’ll be searching every bag that comes into the event. Please note that the glass policy will be strictly enforced at the event and no glass will be permitted onsite with the exception of sparkling wine (including Champagne, cava, prosecco) with a maximum size of 750ml (standard bottle size). Please see a full list of Permitted & Prohibited Items below.
- You are also likely to undergo a search as you enter- this may include the use of search wands. You could also be searched once you are in the arena.
- Security staff will be visible and on patrol both inside and outside of the venue.
- Sniffer dogs will also be on patrol.
- A network of CCTV cameras has been installed around the venue; these will be monitored from our Event Control room.
- We’ve worked closely with the London Metropolitan Police and other emergency services to plan a safe event for everyone.
- The will be Police patrols around the event and local area.
- There will be many other security measures that you can’t see.
Permitted & Prohibited Items
Please note that the glass policy will be strictly enforced at the event and no glass will be permitted onsite with the exception of sparkling wine (including Champagne, cava, prosecco) with a maximum size of 750ml (standard bottle size). Non-permitted items include non-sparkling wine in glass bottles, all glassware, jars etc.
A full list of prohibited and permitted items is below.
The following items CAN be brought in to the Proms in the Park event:
- 1. The special circumstances of this event allow beverages to be brought onto site in limited quantities. These quantities are per person.
a. Up to one litre of wine (in unopened plastic or cardboard containers) We will accept standard boxes of wine if shared between groups and the limit of one litre per person is not exceeded
b. Or one unopened glass bottle (maximum 750ml) sparkling wine (which includes Champagne, Prosecco and Cava)
c. Or 4 cans of beer / cider
d. Or 1 litre sealed plastic bottle or carton of water or soft drink or juice
- Umbrellas and flag poles up to 1m long
- Plastic or wooden knives
- Empty water bottle (not glass) up to one litre per person
- Cigarettes for personal consumption
- Hampers and cool boxes (no bigger than 20 inches x 13 inches x 8 inches)
- Folding Chairs & Shooting sticks (limited to one per person)
The following items CANNOT be brought in to the Proms in the Park event:
- Air Horns
- Audio visual equipment
- Backpack hydration packs
- Camping Stoves
- Candles or naked flames
- Chinese Lanterns
- Cheese & bread knives (unless wooden or plastic cutlery)
- Cinematographic equipment
- Cork screws
- Cutlery – metal or ceramic
- Dangerous or hazardous items
- Disposable Barbeques
- Flagpoles – more than 1 metre long
- Flaming torches
- Gas or Smoking devices
- Gazebos, tents or shelters
- Glass bottles
- Glass bottles containing sparkling wine (over 750ml)
- Glass vessels or any form of glassware including perfume bottles
- Hampers and cool boxes (Over 20 inches x 13 inches x 8 inches)
- Knives – metal or ceramic
- Illegal Substances
- Laser devices
- Medication (if not recognisable or not accompanied by doctors note/ prescription)
- Nitrous Oxide (NOS/ laughing gas) and any items associated with the taking of NOS
- Selfie sticks
- Smoke or gas canisters/cylinders including aerosols and nitrous oxide
- Sound Systems
- Spray Cans
- Umbrellas – more than 1 metre long
- Unauthorised items for trading including any goods using unauthorised event logos or unofficial tabards
- Unidentifiable substances
- Unmanned Arial Vehicles (Drones)
- Unofficial Reflective Jackets
- Weapons, and anything that might be used as a weapon and / or compromise public safety
- Zoom lenses