Hugo Duncan BBC Children in Need Auction 2019
6 x Co-presenting opportunities
From Monday 11th – Thursday 14th November 2019, BBC presenter Hugo Duncan will be offering listeners the chance to bid in a live on air auction. Six separate lots will be available.
Details of the Lot
The Hugo Duncan Show on BBC Radio Ulster runs from 1330-1500 Monday to Friday. Listeners will be able to bid for the chance to come into BBC Broadcasting House in Belfast to spend the day with Hugo and his team. They will have a complimentary lunch in the BBC Canteen, help choose the music for the programme and read out requests live on air.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• The lot is for up to two adults (age 18 and over)
• The date and time needs to be at the convenience of the production office, who will liaise with the winning bidder to agree a mutually acceptable time and date.
• The lot has to be used within three months of the auction closing date of 14th November 2019.
• On arrival production staff will run through health and safety whilst in studio with the successful bidder and add them to the risk assessment form. The winner and their guest must comply with BBC policies whilst on BBC premises. The BBC may refuse or withdraw the winner’s and/or their guests access to any of the BBC’s premises where the BBC (acting reasonably) considers that such access poses a threat to the security or safety of the premises, BBC or any person or if the winner and/or their guest’s unreasonable behaviour disrupts any programme/show or the recording of it.
On the arranged dates the winning bidders should arrive at BBC Broadcasting House in Belfast at 11.00am. They experience will end after the live show at 3.00pm
• If the winning bidder and/or their guest have any disability or accessibility requirements, these need to be disclosed to the BBC prior to the item experience.
• The BBC will flag if any information disclosed to the winning bidder or their guest as part of the experience is confidential. In such cases, the winning bidder and their guest must keep such information confidential and not disclose it without the BBC’s consent or until such time as the information is made public by the BBC.
• Any terms or conditions imposed in the item descriptions above cover the winning bidder and their guest.
• All elements of the items are expressed within the descriptions above. No additional fees, costs, travel, hospitality or expenses will be included.
Read the full Terms and Conditions
How it will work
Each day from Monday 11th – Thurs 14th November 2019 Hugo will open up the phone lines to bids. The auction will be open for 30 minutes each day between 1400-1430. The auction will continue over four days. At the end of the programme on the first three days the BBC will give a list of the top six bid amounts so far, enabling bidders to submit higher bids as the auction runs.
Listeners can bid via phone in lines only – 03030805555 (Calls will be charged at your standard network rate).
On Thursday 14th of November the phone lines will close at 1430 and the top six bidders will be announced. The production team will then contact the six winners to arrange payment and experience delivery.