About Radio Humberside
What is BBC Radio Humberside?
BBC Radio Humberside serves audiences across northern Lincolnshire and East Yorkshire. It broadcasts a mix of programmes featuring news, travel sport and weather along with music and entertainment stories reflecting the world from both sides of the Humber estuary.
What is the remit of BBC Radio Humberside?
BBC Radio Humberside reflects on the lives of people living the area's covered by the local authorities in North and North East Lincolnshire, the East Riding of Yorkshire and Hull. Each day the station looks at life from our local perspective, meeting people living and working across the area and taking a look at the rest of the world from right here.
The station is also passionate about local sport, providing the only live local commentaries on Hull City, Scunthorpe United, Grimsby Town, Hull FC and Hull Kingston Rovers.
History of BBC Radio Humberside
BBC Radio Humberside was launched in 1971 from its first studio complex in Hull's Jamieson Street. In 2004, the station moved to its current home, in fully digital studios at Queen's Gardens in Hull. During that time BBC Radio Humberside has also maintained a full studio operation based in Grimsby, with the current studio being in Riverhead Square in the town. A core team of 36 people provide all the on air and back ground production support to provide well over 5,000 hours of local output every year.
How to listen
- On FM/VHF - 95.9
- On DAB digital radio - Look for BBC Radio Humberside
- On line at www.bbc.co.uk/humberside
Contacting BBC Radio Humberside
- Phone in to a programme on air: 08000 665 959
- BBC Radio Humberside - Switchboard and reception: 01482 323232
- SMS 81333 start your message RH - Texts will be charged at your standard message rate. Check with your network provider for exact costs.
BBC Radio Humberside, Queens Court, Queens Gardens, Hull, HU1 3RH.
- Radio Humberside Newsroom Humberside: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events diary: email@example.com
- Humberside Sport: Humberside.firstname.lastname@example.org
- James Piekos at Breakfast: email@example.com
- David Burnsy Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sally Fairfax Lunchtime Show: email@example.com
- Andy Comfort’s Drivetime: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phil White: email@example.com
- The Great Outdoors: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kofi Smiles, BBC No Filter: BBCNoFilter@bbc.co.uk
- Fiona Mills, Unheard and Uncensored: email@example.com
- Loren Fox, Game On: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joe Hakim, Culture Night: email@example.com
- Absolutely Clueless: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Henry's Jukebox: email@example.com
- Westenders: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BBC Introducing: email@example.com
- Lucy Clark: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Social Media