The Biggest Weekend 2018 Fringe: Skiddle Terms & Conditions
The BBC shall have no liability in respect of your use of Skiddle and for the purpose of data protection law; Skiddle Limited is the data controller and is responsible for the collection and use of your personal information
Attendance at The Biggest Weekend Fringe Events is subject to these terms and conditions and your use of a ticket or attendance at a Fringe Event signifies your agreement to these terms and conditions.
- For free tickets, admission on the day of the event is on a first-come-first-served basis. As not everyone who registers for tickets uses them and to make sure we have a full house, we send out more tickets than there are places. We do our best to get the numbers right, but unfortunately we occasionally have to disappoint people. We can't guarantee that you'll get in, and also please be aware that on some BBC shows, audience members start queuing well before doors open. Paid tickets will not be over allocated and admission is guaranteed with a valid ticket and proof of ID if required.
- Please refer to each specific event detail for age restrictions as this varies per event. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested in the form of a passport or photo card driving licence upon entry at each venue.
- Ticket prices vary for each event so please refer to the event details for more information. Tickets cannot be re-sold and if you buy tickets from anyone they will not be valid and entry to the event with such a ticket will be refused. Please do not apply for tickets if you think you may be unable to use them.
- The BBC’s decision as to the allocation of tickets is final. No correspondence relating to the ticket giveaway will be entered into.
- Entrance is subject to capacity. The BBC reserves the right to refuse admission.
- The BBC will not be responsible for any costs incurred in attending the event e.g. travel and accommodation.
- Should the event be cancelled or line-up changed, the BBC will not be liable for any loss of money or expense incurred.
- The BBC reserves the right to: (i) cancel the ticket-giveaway, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control; (ii) disqualify any applicant who breaches the rules or has acted fraudulently in any way; (iii) cancel, amend or change the event at any stage; (iv) refuse entry to the event, at any stage, should any ticket holder or their guest exhibit inappropriate or dangerous behaviour (including, but not limited to being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or chemical substances or causing a nuisance). For the avoidance of doubt the BBC will not be liable for any costs or expenses incurred.
- By entering the event, audience members agree to follow the reasonable directions of the BBC, particularly in respect of health and safety matters.
- Each venue reserves the right to search all persons and personal property via the use of metal detectors and bag searches and refuse admission to, or eject from, the venue, any person who refuses to be searched by a steward or other person acting on their behalf. Please arrive to the venue with plenty of time to pass through security procedures.
- The following articles are not permitted inside any of the venues – knives, fireworks, smoke or gas canisters (including aerosols and nitrous oxide), megaphones, air-horns, sound systems, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, glass vessels, poles, selfie-sticks, unauthorised items for trading, and any article that might be used as a weapon and / or compromise public safety. Bring as little as possible with you so we don’t keep you waiting.
- Re-admission to each venue varies. Please check with security staff on the day. If re-admission is permitted, those returning to the event will have to go through the security procedures again.
- Unauthorised professional photography or use of professional recording equipment is prohibited and zoom lenses, audio visual or cinematographic devices will not be permitted in any venue or site related to the event.
- Backpacks, holdalls, luggage and oversized bags are not permitted and you may be refused entry.
- The event may be recorded for later transmission or transmitted live on BBC radio. Ticket holders permit the BBC to use their actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising or exploitation of any film, video and / or audio recording of this event and / or any element thereof in any / all media throughout the world.
- As part of our audience you'll make a major contribution to the show. To make sure everyone has a great time we'll ask people to leave if they interrupt or disrupt the show or behave in a way likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance or annoyance. The BBC reserves the right to refuse admission.
- If you need help with access please let us know as soon as possible via email at BiggestWeekendFringe@bbc.co.uk. All venues welcome assistance dogs, wheelchair access and adapted toilets. Please be aware smoke effects, strobe lighting, lasers and loud noises may be used.
- The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any loss of data, technical failure or malfunction or any other problem which may arise from the use of the ticketing website, www.Skiddle.com. Use of www.skiddle.com is solely at the users own risk.
- These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- Applicants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them.