Terms & Conditions
Please read carefully. Tickets are issued on behalf of the BBC and are subject to the following conditions (which may be changed at the discretion of the BBC). The use of the ticket signifies agreement to the following conditions. If you fail to comply with these conditions then the BBC and/or venue shall be entitled to eject you from the arena and your ticket will become invalid.
Please note – The Arena Birmingham ticketing service provider is The Ticket Factory and issues tickets on behalf of the BBC (the event organiser).
Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue and/or BBC (which may be changed at their discretion) including but not limited to:
1) All those attending the event will need a valid ticket and tickets should be retained at all times during the event. The minimum age of attendance at the event is 16 years of age. 16 and 17 year olds do not need to be accompanied by an adult 18+. You may be required to provide photographic ID for example: school/college student ID, passport, photocopy of passport, photocopy of birth certificate, validated UK ID Card,Proof of Age Card.
2) All the audience will have their bags searched and will be asked to walk through a security arch. Bags larger than larger than 42cm x 30cm x 15cm are not permitted. That’s the size of an A3 sheet of paper.
3) The BBC will not pay for any travel costs to and from the event.
4) The BBC reserves the right to cancel this event at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control. The BBC also reserves the right to alter or change the programme and line-up without prior notification.
5) Should the event be cancelled or line-up changed, the BBC and/or the venue will not be liable for the payment of any compensation or for any loss of money and/or expenses incurred. In the event of cancellation of the entire event only the face value of the ticket will be refunded via the ticketing agent The Ticket Factory, and the ticket booking fee will not be refunded.
6) The Ticket Factory on behalf of the BBC may use your contact details to email you about key messages relating to the event only. Please visit the BBC's Privacy & Cookies Policy (www.bbc.co.uk/privacy) for more information.
7) The event will be filmed and there will be a live radio broadcast on BBC Asian Network and /or other BBC platforms, including internet streaming. Ticket holders give their express consent to the use of their actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising or exploitation of any film, video, photography and / or audio recording of this event and / or any element thereof in any / all media throughout the world. They also give their consent to being filmed by the venue, the police or security staff for the purposes of helping ensure the security of customers and preventing crime.
8) Unauthorised professional photography or use of professional recording equipment is prohibited and zoom lenses, audio visual or cinematographic devices will not be permitted on site.
9) Tickets may not be sold, traded, or offered for sale; and may not be used as a prize or for any other promotional or trade purpose by any organisation except the BBC. Tickets are security printed and individually bar coded. Sale or attempted sale is grounds for seizure or cancellation and those trying to use resold or cancelled tickets will be refused entry into the venue.
10) The BBC shall not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense, except in the case of death or personal injury if due to any negligent act or omission by the BBC.
11) If the event is postponed, the BBC will honour the ticket for the re-scheduled performance. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to ascertain the date and the time of any re-scheduled event.
12) The BBC and / or venue at their discretion reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject a ticketholder for behaviour likely to cause damage, injury, harm, nuisance; or failure to comply with the reasonable request of the BBC or venue; or in breach of these conditions; or otherwise where a ticketholder is behaving in an illegal, anti-social or aggressive manner, and may on occasion have to conduct security searches of persons and/or personal property to ensure the safety of the patrons. Anyone who refuses to be searched by a steward or other person acting on their behalf will be refused admission, or ejected from the venue and may be reported to the police.
13) Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase. The BBC and / or the venue cannot be held liable for any tickets which are lost, damaged or stolen. Removing any part of, altering or defacing the tickets may invalidate your ticket.
14) The venue operates a no smoking policy. It is illegal to smoke anywhere in the Arena Birmingham and anyone smoking will be asked to asked to leave with no re-entry.
15) Alcohol will be on sale at this show, however if you look under 25 please do not be offended if you are asked for proof of age – the only forms of ID acceptable will be a photo driving licence or a passport.
16 ) Persons attending the event are responsible for their own valuables. The BBC and/or the venue accept no responsibility for any personal property lost damaged or stolen. There is no cloakroom at Arena Birmingham.
17) There will be no pass outs or re-admission of any kind.
18) Special effects, strobe lighting, lasers and smoke may be used at any time during the event at the venue.
19) Ticket holders are permitted to stand and/or dance within their seat floor-space subject to health and safety rules applying at the time, in that location.
20) Please be aware for your safety and comfort the following are strictly prohibited from being brought into the venue and persons and personal property will be subject to inspection for:
- Any refreshments or refreshment containers
- Offensive weapons , drugs (including legal highs) and other controlled substances
- Anything else that interferes with the event or the enjoyment of the event by others, or compromises public safety
- If you refuse an inspection you will not be admitted and will not be given a refund.
21) The BBC and/or The Ticket Factory reserve the right to cancel ticket bookings which it reasonably suspects to have been made fraudulently.
22) Restrictions may apply to tickets. Where a restriction applies to the number of tickets that may be purchased (whether per person, per credit card or per household) and tickets are purchased in excess of this number the BBC and/or The Ticket Factory may cancel the excess tickets.
23) Tickets purchased via The Ticket Factory website are subject to The Ticket Factory purchasing policy. In the event of any inconsistency between the terms of The Ticket Factory purchasing policy and these terms and conditions, these terms and conditions will prevail.