Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of entry for Radio 4 Extra's Chain Gang.
• Entry is open to all, except employees or contractors of the BBC or any person directly or indirectly involved in the running of the competition.
• Entries should be a maximum of 200 words.
• The deadline for receiving entries is 8am (local UK time) on Thursday each week.
• Your submitted entry must be a previously unpublished original story, written by you, containing no defamatory matter, third party copyright material or quotes.
• You may submit as many ideas as you wish, as long as they adhere to the word count, deadline and other submission rules.
• By sending an entry you agree to grant the BBC the right to publish and broadcast the story in all media, including the right to abridge/adapt the work for broadcasting purposes. Any further use shall be subject to good faith negotiations of terms with the author.Your ideas may be made available as ‘on-demand’ audio files.
• Storylines will be judged by BBC staff and Robert Shearman. The panel is looking for originality, creativity, drama and consistency with previous episodes. The panel’s decision is final and no negotiation will be entered into.
• The BBC does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
• Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and to agree to be bound by them when sending in their entry.
• Entrants must agree to take part in any publicity