Get Creative Champion's Terms and Conditions
What is Get Creative?
1. Get Creative is a campaign run by a group of cultural organisations to celebrate and support the everyday creativity happening in homes and public spaces. From guerrilla gardening in your street to paint by numbers in your local library, via nail art, yarn bombing and singing in a choir we’re building an actively creative UK that caters for everyone of every age, background and ability.
2. Get Creative aims to inspire people to try something new at home or at a Get Creative event and to encourage people to share their own examples of everyday creativity. The campaign works with Get Creative Champions to create participatory events that are accessible for everyone and to develop local networks that create new collaborations and relationships.
3. The founding organisations are: BBC, What Next?, Fun Palaces, Voluntary Arts, Crafts Council, Family Arts Campaign, 64 Million Artists, Creative Scotland, Arts Council Wales, Creative People and Places.
4. Becoming a Get Creative Champion is a way of directing the public to opportunities to get creative.
How do I become a Get Creative Champion?
5. To become a Get Creative Champion you need to:
a. Nominate a contact person at your organisation and submit their contact details to the Get Creative team: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Download and use the Get Creative branding and event guidance
c. Encourage new participants to join in with your creative activities or facilitate access to space, people and resources
d. Organise at least one standalone Get Creative event per year or participate in the Get Creative Weekend
e. The activity or event will be free or cost recovery for those attending
f. Facilitate and participate in Get Creative local networks
g. Promote your Get Creative activities on social media on a regular basis
6. We want your Get Creative events to be welcoming and safe for participants and organisers. We strongly suggest that you check these guidelines from Voluntary Arts when organising a Get Creative event.
7. Get Creative is a way to encourage more participants to join in with your events. Get Creative is not responsible for devising, organising or managing your activities. If you have any concerns, stakeholders such as Fun Palaces and Voluntary Arts have great advice on their websites to help you. Or you can email: email@example.com.
Why should my organisation be a Champion?
8. In return the Get Creative founder organisations will
a. Provide branding and other resources in a Get Creative toolkit
b. Promote your Get Creative events and activities on social media and other platforms where possible
c. Facilitate and develop local networks, including relationships with local BBC
d. Distribute a regular newsletter
e. Coordinate and promote the Get Creative Weekend
f. We won’t use your email or other contact details for any other purpose