Win a pair of tickets to Radio 1's Big Weekend in Middlesbrough
Want to get your hands on a pair of Big Weekend tickets? Luckily for you we have some up for grabs.
The competitions will run at any point between 7am to 10am every day of the week and then 4pm to 7pm from Monday to Thursday and 1pm to 4pm from Friday to Sunday from Friday 10th May to Thursday 23rd May 2019.
- You need to listen to out for a ‘cue to call’. This will be a track by an artist performing at Big Weekend, once it begins you must call Radio 1's phone number 03700 100 100. The phone lines will be open for 10 minutes.
- If the caller gets through to the studio, they will then take part in a competition on-air where they will be played a clip of an artist performing at Big Weekend and asked to complete the lyric with the following word missing from the clip.
Entrants must be 16 years old or over.
Standard charges from landlines and mobiles will apply.
Please note, calls received outside the announced times will not be registered but may still be charged.
1. Entry is open to all residents of the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man except anyone closely related to BBC or BBC Group company employees or those of its affiliates and their close relatives or any person connected to the competition.
2. Entrants must be 16 years old or over. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested. 16 year olds need to be accompanied by a responsible adult aged 18 or over.
3. There are 28 pairs of tickets to be won, the competitions will run at any point between 7am to 10am every day of the week and then from 4pm to 7pm Monday to Thursday and 1pm to 4pm Friday to Sunday from Friday 10th May to Thursday 23rd May 2019. Please listen carefully to on-air announcements.
4. A pair of tickets to Big Weekend will be available to win. To enter the competition, contestants will need to listen to Radio 1 for a ‘cue to call’. This will be a track by an artist performing at Big Weekend, once it begins any listeners who want to enter must call Radio 1's phone number 03700 100 100. Listeners cannot enter by any other method. Standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles will apply.
5. The phone lines will be open for 10 minutes after which the liveliest and most entertaining caller will be put through to the studio with another caller reserved as backup. The caller will then take part in a competition on air where they will be played a clip of an artist performing at Big Weekend and asked to complete the lyric with the following word missing from the clip. If the caller correctly guesses the answer within 5 seconds, they will win two tickets to Radio 1’s Big Weekend. If the correct answer is not reached, the tickets will be lost and there will be no winner.
6. Use of bad language on air may result in disqualification from the competition. The BBC’s decision on disqualification shall be final.
7. Listeners should only call to enter during the times announced on-air. Calls received outside the announced times will not be registered but may still be charged. Entrants must ensure they obtain the bill-payer’s consent before entering.
8. Entrants will be interviewed by members of the production team to ensure eligibility, availability and to determine which are the most lively and entertaining by asking two questions, one about the Big Weekend and one about Radio 1. Entrants cannot enter on behalf of someone else.
9. The BBC’s decision as to the winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
10. Winners are excluded from re-entering the competition.
11. The prize consists of up to two tickets to Radio 1’s Big Weekend 2019 at Stewart Park, Middlesbrough on Saturday 25th May & Sunday 26th May. Further details will be communicated to the winners via email. It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure their guests meet the entry criteria for the event.
12. There is no cash alternative and the prize cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances. For the avoidance of doubt the prize does not include travel, accommodation or any other expense, cost or fee.
13. The BBC will not be responsible for any failure by the ticket holders to gain entry or re-entry to the event due to the behaviour of the ticket holder or their failure to meet the admission requirements of the event.
14. The BBC reserves the right to:
(i) amend these terms and conditions, including but not limited to, the competition opening and closing times and the programmes featuring the competition;
(ii) disqualify any entrant who breaches the rules or has acted fraudulently in any way;
(iii) withdraw or substitute any prize, at any stage, should any winner or their guest exhibit inappropriate or dangerous behaviour (including, but not limited to being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or chemical substances or causing a nuisance) while on-air, attending BBC premises or where the prize includes attendance to an event or;
(iv) cancel the competition, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control.
15. The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered.
16. This competition accords with the BBC's Code of Conduct for Competitions and Voting, details of which can be found at BBC Competitions Policy.
17. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when registering.
18. To the extent permitted by law, the BBC will not be liable for any loss or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise) including financial, reputational loss or disappointment.
19. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by the BBC.
Your trust is very important to us. The BBC is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
It is important that you read this notice so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information. This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your relationship with us, in accordance with data protection law.
What will we collect and how we use it?
The BBC will collect and process the personal information that you have provided to us about yourself by entering this competition, including your name, age, general location area and a contact telephone number. If you are a winner, we will ask for email address in order to fulfil the prize.
The BBC is the “data controller” of this information. This means that the BBC decides what your personal information is used for, and the ways in which it is processed.
We rely on our legitimate interests of running radio competitions as our lawful basis for processing your personal data – providing interesting and engaging radio programming to those that participate and to the wider audience listening in. If you are successful, we will also process your personal information for post-competition publicity and our lawful basis for such processing is our legitimate interests in promoting the competition.
Retaining your personal information
In relation to entrants, the BBC will retain your personal information until Thursday 23rd May 2019. If you are a winner, we will retain your personal information for a period of two years.
Sharing your personal information
We will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent.
Your rights and more information
If you have any questions about how the BBC handles your personal information, or if you wish to contact the BBC to exercise your rights in relation to your personal information, please visit here or contact email@example.com.
If you raise a complaint with the BBC about the way it has handled your personal information and you are dissatisfied with the BBC’s response, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), which can be contacted here.