What To Bring/ What Not to Bring
Stringent security measures will be in place at Radio 1’s Big Weekend, including the possible use of security wands and sniffer dogs.
Large bags are not allowed to be taken into the festival. There is no cloakroom. Small bags, one per ticket holder, are allowed into the events with the dimensions W21cm x H30cm x D8cm (the size of A4 paper). We appreciate your cooperation and patience when entering the events.
Things to bring with you
- Your ticket
- Clothes for any weather eventuality - hat, sunglasses, rainwear, warm clothing etc. Remember check out the latest weather before you come to the event!
- Enough cash and / or your bank card – we have cash machines on site, all of which accept all UK debit cards. Some of the machines will also accept international credit cards. Please note, a fee of £2.50 will be charged to use the onsite cash machines
- Bring ID if you are lucky enough to look under 18 in order to be admitted to the festival. ID will also be required if you want to buy alcohol and look 25 or under. Acceptable forms of ID are a valid passport; valid photo card driving licence; a photographic ID card with the National Proof of Age Standards Scheme – PASS - hologram
- Medication – if you need to bring medication, please bring a doctor’s note or a prescription for it. Please be understanding if we question what you're bringing in as it is important to prevent drugs being brought into the event
- If you have any allergies, remember to tell your friends what these are.
- We recommend you bring an empty plastic bottle 500ml or less so you can use the free drinking water points onsite
The following articles are not permitted within at this event:
- Professional photography equipment
- Animals other than registered assistance dogs
- Alcohol (unless purchased on site)
- Selfie Sticks
- Chairs (except for registered access customers)
- Golf / large umbrellas (1 metre or more)
- Smoke canisters
- Sky or Chinese lanterns
- Gas canisters (including aerosols over 250ml and nitrous oxide)
- Air horns
- Sound systems
- Spray cans
- Dangerous or hazardous items
- Laser devices
- Glass (including perfume and aftershave)
- Blow torches
- Unauthorised items for trading, including any goods using unauthorised event logos
Any article that might be used as a weapon and / or compromise public safety including unofficial tabards / high-viz.
Please note, cigarettes & tobacco will not be available to purchase within the event site.
Drug Use & Legal Highs
Radio 1's Big Weekend does not condone the use of drugs. It is illegal to buy, sell or take drugs. Drugs enforcement laws are as applicable onsite as anywhere else in the UK and we will be conducting searches and using sniffer dogs to disrupt illegal activity.
Remember if you take drugs and become ill, depressed or concerned, make sure you ask the nearest member of staff to direct you to our Welfare Tent. If you or someone you are with has a bad reaction and needs medical help, talk to the nearest member of staff immediately. Let the medics know what has been taken.
You could save your friend’s life.
There will be a no-fly zone in place around the Big Weekend site. The use of drones within this area, as well as above large gatherings of populated areas and in close proximity to buildings is illegal. We will be actively monitoring drone activity and will be working with the Police to disrupt and prosecute any illegal activity.