Saturday Kitchen - Prize Draw for Comic Relief
1. The competition will take place from 10am on Saturday 16th February 2019 and close at 11pm on Monday 11th March 2019.
2. Entry to the competition is only by texting the keyword CHEF to short code 84903. Text messages cost your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates – please check with your provider). Entrants will receive a free bounce-back message from 62345 informing them that a voluntary donation of £5 to Comic Relief will be automatically taken 60 minutes after the entry text was received, unless they reply to 62345 with the word CANCEL before 60 minutes has passed.
3. For the avoidance of doubt, opting out of the voluntary donation will not affect your entry into the competition.
4. The competition is open to all residents of the UK, aged 18 or over, except Comic Relief, BBC, BBC Group company and employees, and anyone connected with the competition and their close relatives. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested.
5. If your keyword or short code are invalid, or your text message is received outside the times and dates specified for the competition, you will not receive a bounce-back message but may still be charged your standard network message charge. You will not be donating to Comic Relief nor will you have entered the competition.
6. You may enter the competition a maximum of six (6) times a day. You will receive a free bounce-back message regarding the donation each time, and if you wish to opt out of the donation you need to respond to each such message received from 62345 with the word CANCEL.
7. There is only ONE prize available to be won:
- A visit to the Saturday Kitchen studio on 8th June 2019 for the winner and up to five guests over the age of 18, to watch the show live and be served a three-course lunch at the chef’s table on set. This will be cooked by the special chefs appearing on that week’s show which, as at the 16th February, were scheduled to be Sabrina Ghayour, Theo Randall and Gennaro Contaldo. Please note this, as well as table service by Fred Sirieix and wine service by Olly Smith, are all subject to change.
- luxury hotel accommodation in London overnight on Friday 7th June for you and your guests. This is on the basis of two people sharing each room, up to a total of three rooms. Please note, dinner on 7th June is not included. Comic Relief will arrange return transport by taxi from the hotel to the Saturday Kitchen Studio on 8th June.
- economy, return train travel for you and your guests to London from any train station in the UK, or economy, return air travel from a UK airport (where required). This will be booked by Comic Relief one week after the winner is notified of their prize. Comic Relief will require starting train stations (or airports, where relevant) for the winner and all guests in order to book journeys. Journey times are to be agreed with you and no changes to tickets will be possible once booked.
8. The winner will be selected using an independent randomised draw system on the morning of Tuesday 12th March 2019. Comic Relief will contact the winner by telephone during Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th March, calling the winner up to 8 times between 9.30am to 7pm. If Comic Relief do not get an answer from the winner by 7pm on 13th March, Comic Relief reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner up who will be the next eligible entry randomly selected who answers within 8 rings during Thursday 14h March up to 7pm. This process will be followed until a winner if found. The winner will be announced on the Saturday Kitchen on Saturday 16th March.
9. The prizes are as stated. There is no cash alternative and the prizes cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances. For the avoidance of doubt, no other costs or expenses will be covered by Comic Relief or the BBC.
10. Any accessibility or dietary requirements for the winner or their guests need to be disclosed to Comic Relief by 17th May 2019. In order to fully experience the prize, there may be some Health & Safety requirements imposed by BBC or Comic Relief. These will need to be followed prior to those elements being experienced. The winner and their guests (if applicable) must also comply with the health, safety and security policies at any venue associated with the prize.
11. Comic Relief‘s announcement as to who the winner is, is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
12. The winner and their guests agree to take part in any reasonable post-competition publicity if required.
13. The prize is subject to change. Descriptions of the prize are provided without a warranty of any kind. In no event shall Comic Relief or the BBC be liable for any claim demand or damages caused to an entrant by reason of a description of the prize being inaccurate, incomplete, or for the prize being otherwise in any way different to the entrant’s expectations. Comic Relief reserves the right to disqualify any entries that breach these rules or are in any way fraudulent. Comic Relief reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside its control.
14. If you would like to contribute a different amount to Comic Relief, you can donate online on the Comic Relief website.
15. Comic Relief and their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text not being properly received.
16. To find out more about Comic Relief, or its initiative Red Nose Day, or if you have questions about this service, please go to www. Comicrelief.com or call the Comic Relief Reception on 020 7820 2000 (Monday to Friday 9:30 – 17:30). Standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles will apply and calls may be included in your telecom provider’s call package. Charity Projects, operating as Comic Relief, a registered charity, number 326568 (England and Wales) SC039730 (Scotland).
17. The text service, randomised draw and donation service is provided by Fonix Mobile Limited. If you have any queries regarding the service, please contact Fonix at the following email address: email@example.com or write to Fonix Mobile Limited, 23 Heddon Street, London, W1B 4BQ or call on the following Helpline Number: 0208 114 7001 (Monday to Friday 9:00 - 17:30).
18. This competition is operated by Comic Relief with additional broadcast promotion by the BBC. The applicable law is that of England and Wales.
20. This competition is subject to the BBC's code of conduct for competitions, found here.
22. The BBC will also keep the winner’s details on file for two years after the Prize in order to comply with its legal and regulatory requirements as broadcast promoter. To find out more about how the BBC will use your data please see here.