Sport Relief Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
Beckham in Miami Free Prize Draw for Sport Relief Text to Win Terms and Conditions
1. The prize draw will be open at 6.30pm 13th March 2020 and close at 2pm on Wednesday 25th March 2020.
2. Entry to the prize draw is only by texting the keyword MIAMI to short code 84903. Text messages cost your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates – please check with your provider). Entrants will then receive a free bounce-back message from 62345 informing them that a voluntary donation of £10 to Comic Relief will be taken 60 minutes after the entry text was received, unless they reply to 62345 with the word CANCEL before 60 minutes has passed.
3. For the avoidance of doubt, opting out of the voluntary donation will not affect your entry into the prize draw.
4. The prize draw is open to all residents of the UK, aged 18 or over, except staff members of Comic Relief (the organisation behind Sport Relief), of BBC Group, of any of the prize providers, and their close relatives, or anyone connected with the prize draw. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested.
5. If your keyword or short code are invalid, or your text message is received outside the times and dates specified for the prize draw, you will not receive a bounce-back message but may still be charged your standard network message charge. You will not be donating to Sport Relief nor will you have entered the prize draw.
6. You may enter the prize draw a maximum of four times a day. You will receive a free bounce-back message regarding the donation each time, and if you wish to opt out of the donation you need to respond to each such message received from 62345 with the word CANCEL.
7. There is only ONE prize available to be won: - Meet David Beckham at INTER MIAMI CF Stadium - Two tickets to watch Inter Miami take on one of our big rivals in the Major League Soccer - Two pre-game field passes to watch the players warm-up - A VIP tour for two of the stadium and Training Facility - A signed shirt of the Inter Miami first team, and - an MLS Soccer ball signed by David Beckham
8. The winner will be selected using an independent randomised draw system on Thursday 26th March 2020 and contacted that day live on air by the BBC Radio 1 breakfast show by telephone between 7.30am and 9.30am. If the winner does not pick up the phone after 7 rings or the call goes to voicemail, the BBC will contact the next eligible winner.
9. The prizes are as stated. There is no cash alternative and the prizes cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances. For the avoidance of doubt, unless specified above, no other costs or expenses will be covered by Comic Relief, the BBC, or any of the prize providers.
10. Any accessibility or dietary requirements for the winner or their guests need to be disclosed to Comic Relief by within two weeks from notification of win. The winner and their guest may need to adhere to Health & Safety requirements imposed by Comic Relief or any venue associated with the prize.
11. Comic Relief and BBC’s announcement as to who the winner is, is final. No correspondence relating to the prize draw will be entered into.
12. The winner and their guests agree to take part in any reasonable post-prize draw publicity with Comic Relief if required.
13. The prize is subject to change. Descriptions of the prize are provided without a warranty of any kind. In no event shall Comic Relief, the BBC or any prize provider be liable for any claim demand or damages caused to an entrant by reason of a description of the prize being inaccurate, incomplete, or for the prize being otherwise in any way different to the entrant’s expectations. Comic Relief reserves the right to disqualify any entries that breach these rules or are in any way fraudulent. Comic Relief reserves the right to cancel the prize draw at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside its control.
14. Comic Relief and their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text not being properly received.
15. Sport Relief is an initiative of Comic Relief, which is the trading name of Charity Projects, a registered charity, number 326568 (England and Wales) SC039730 (Scotland). If you would like to contribute a different amount to Sport Relief, you can donate online on the Sport Relief website. To find out more about Sport Relief (or Comic Relief and its other initiative Red Nose Day), or if you have questions about this service, please go to www.Comicrelief.com or call the Comic Relief Reception on 020 7820 2000 (Monday to Friday 9:30 – 17:30). Standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles will apply and calls may be included in your telecom provider’s call package.
16. This prize draw is operated by Comic Relief with broadcast promotion by the BBC. The prize is provided by: Inter Miami CF, Inter Miami CF Stadium, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA Soho House, 76 Dean St, Soho, London W1D 3SQ BBC - BBC Broadcast Centre, BC3 D6, 201 Wood Lane, London, W12 7TQ Sport Relief - Comic Relief 89 Albert Embankment London SE1 7TP The governing law is that of England and Wales.
17. The text service, randomised draw and donation service is provided by Fonix Mobile Limited. If you have any queries regarding the service, please contact Fonix at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Fonix Mobile Limited, 23 Heddon Street, London, W1B 4BQ or call on the following Helpline Number: 0208 114 7001 (Monday to Friday 9:00 - 17:30).
19. This prize draw is subject to the BBC's code of conduct for prize draws, found here [include link].
20. The BBC will receive the winner’s name and contact details in order to call them as part of the Radio 1 Breakfast show. The BBC relies on its legitimate interests in increasing our audience engagement with broadcast prize draws, to provide interesting on-air content and assisting with fundraising for our charity partners, such as Comic Relief. The BBC doesn’t believe this unreasonably impacts on your rights and freedoms. The BBC will also keep the winner’s details on file for two years after the Prize in order to comply with its legal and regulatory requirements as broadcast promoter. To find out more about how the BBC will use your data please see here